When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another Vertu Ascent Ti Replica Arrived

takashi

Glad that it has arrived after 2 failed delivery attempt. Big thanks to Sql_Pl for arranging this buy.

My initial thoughts are as follow:

1. Phone is really heavy. Took a while to get used to its weight. I am pretty sure that it weights more than 200 gram.

2. The brown colour is really nice, match perfectly with my genuine Sinn 203Ti strap.

3. Software is a bit crappy (definitely not Symbian). A dead giveaway.

4. The floodlit keypad is nice.

5. Potential problems of the "chromed" button and grill discolouring (not yet happen but it can happen). I am sure it's not real metal/stainless for the button.

6. Nice exterior build quality. Screws are tight on mine.

7. Best phone to show off :lol:

I will post pics ASAP.

More observation: screws are indeed a bit rough.

Doesn't work with M1 - Singapore (Vodafone) sim card. Sim card registration failed.

Sorry for hearing that your M1 card couldn't work mate... I thought it should work, maybe you should get yourself a starhub or singtel line instead? :p

Anxiously waiting for your pics.... together with your Sinn strap, of course!

;) Well... No chance to upgrade to Symbian OS. This one really has a China chipset called Chinese Miracle :p

One solution is to change the IMEI to a valid one (seems this one has blacklisted IMEI with M1) but you need special software and dongle from Infinity Box. I will try with Starhub SIM card today.

Tried today with Singtel and Starhub. Both work like charms. I think the problem is with M1 sharing database with Vodafone (to blacklist this IMEI number).

Suggested solution: get a phone modder with that dongle (Infinity Box running Chinese Miracle software) to change the IMEI number to non blacklisted one. You can get such numbers from:

a. Broken GSM mobile phone.

b. Randomly generated IMEI no.

c. Google

The costs of changing IMEI here ranging from 20-40 SGD and I will try that service soon.

i got mine also in black, wanted to do a review but had no time. anyway, mine works fine with vodafone here in germany. its a nice phone but i still prefer my nokia luna as main phone.

some important things about the phone (my very neutral point of view):

watch looks very much like the real deal at first sight but its actually not a quality phone.

-yellow flash thing is not centered and looks crap if you look closely

-keypad numbers engraved too bold

- its made of something like brass or iron, forget Ti. thats why its so heavy, too heavy imo, its 200gr but feels like half kg. ( gen is around 160g)

-side buttons were out of place and screws too rough but i fixed them.

-cheap software (but luckily gen also doesnt have much software features except fortress and congierce, you cant rep them anyway)

- leather quality not great but good enough

-floodlid may look nice but its too weak, you can barely see the numbers. i couldnt find an option in menu to make it stronger

-other than like i said, it feels very solid and heavy and an attention catcher ( anywhere around people when i put the phone on table everybody stare if it was gold bar lol)

its actually a very good rep, maybe best vertu rep avalible but ofcourse it could be much better, i use it as a second phone and fashion accesory :p

I'm picturing you guys sliding up to to the bar next to to a couple of hot chicks to order a drink while speaking "speaking" to the rep Ventu concierge: "That's right...so we land in Paris at what, 8:00?....great...what time can we check into the Athenee?" At least that's what I'd do....

• 3 weeks later...
Tried today with Singtel and Starhub. Both work like charms. I think the problem is with M1 sharing database with Vodafone (to blacklist this IMEI number).

Suggested solution: get a phone modder with that dongle (Infinity Box running Chinese Miracle software) to change the IMEI number to non blacklisted one. You can get such numbers from:

a. Broken GSM mobile phone.

b. Randomly generated IMEI no.

c. Google

The costs of changing IMEI here ranging from 20-40 SGD and I will try that service soon.

hi..

i got 1 today also, but the IMEI number its not same...

anyone know how to change the IMEI number