When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7750 Asian Movement Noise

M5Man

I have a beautiful new Corum ACC with an asian 7750 that I just picked up from Andrew. It is making a noise (not rotor related) as it ticks at certain angles. It is clearly the standard beat of the movement, it becomes louder when the watch is leaned towards the crown side, goes away as I lean it towards the non crown side. It appears to me that it is related to the escapement or the balance wheel. Any thoughts on what this might be related to?

Thanks

M5Man

I could be a number of things. Sometimes the pallet stones are loose and this causes problems, on most A7750's the entry pallet doesn't go far enough into the escape wheel and it can skip a beat, since most of these aren't oiled, sometimes there is too much spring pressure reaching the balance and it can overbank and turn too far...

There could be many reasons, I have had some that sound like a train, "tick a tick, tick a tick..." very weird and you can even hear it in a quite room from far away.

Unless you have a timer to see the what the pallets are doing, there is no way to identify the problem, or fix it.

RG

I could be a number of things. Sometimes the pallet stones are loose and this causes problems, on most A7750's the entry pallet doesn't go far enough into the escape wheel and it can skip a beat, since most of these aren't oiled, sometimes there is too much spring pressure reaching the balance and it can overbank and turn too far...

There could be many reasons, I have had some that sound like a train, "tick a tick, tick a tick..." very weird and you can even hear it in a quite room from far away.

Unless you have a timer to see the what the pallets are doing, there is no way to identify the problem, or fix it.

RG

Thanks The Zigmeister! This is what I was looking for. I was hoping to get this one superlumed and have ETA DW's put in it, get the movement serviced. How does your calendar look?