When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A few questions about seiko SKX007

blade007

Hey guys,

I am looking to but a Seiko SKX007. Been reading up reviews etc and I think I gotta get myself one. Seeing as a few members on this board also have the same model, I have a few questions:

* Is it possible to get AR done? Is the crustal plastic or glass?

* I saw in somepics that the lume is very bright? anyone got any pics?

* my wrist size is around 7.5inch. how does this watch compare to SOSF? I think SOSF is perfect size for my wrist, any bigger and it will look silly, is the Seiko SKX007 roughly the same size?

* I am a little put off by the 21, 600 beats, are there any seiko divers that are high beat (28,800)?

* what strap combos do you have for your seiko divers?

Thanks guys.

I remember having one quite some years ago, and that's an indestructible watch.

I gave it to a pal of mine who entered the navy about 5 years ago.

if you want to modify it, then you can check: MKII watches.

I remember it didn't have any AR, it used white lume and it wore like a big 40mm watch.

I changed the original jubilee bracelet for an oyster type one.

that's a piece of watch, reliable just like a seiko can be.

cheers.

Chino.

Hi, I have one, and had it modded with Bill Yao (MKii)plongeur dial and hands for a retro look.

No AR, and crystal is Hardlex, dunno if AR application is possible.

The case size is about 41.5, and it's definately thinner than the SFSO, so it'll wear a lot smaller than the SFSO, which I think is a massive watch.

The lume is average, nothing special.

I love the look of this watch - the double row of bezel teeth and the jubilee bracelet.

Sorry, no pix, digicam on loan.

Hey guys,

I am looking to but a Seiko SKX007. Been reading up reviews etc and I think I gotta get myself one. Seeing as a few members on this board also have the same model, I have a few questions:

* Is it possible to get AR done? Is the crustal plastic or glass?

* I saw in somepics that the lume is very bright? anyone got any pics?

* my wrist size is around 7.5inch. how does this watch compare to SOSF? I think SOSF is perfect size for my wrist, any bigger and it will look silly, is the Seiko SKX007 roughly the same size?

* I am a little put off by the 21, 600 beats, are there any seiko divers that are high beat (28,800)?

* what strap combos do you have for your seiko divers?

Thanks guys.

Here is a review:

hxxp://www.geocities.com/area51/orion/4770/SeikoDiver/SKX007.htm

Lume is good (not comparable to this from The Zigmeister ... but good enough)

Crystal is "hardlex" same or better than saphire.

AR: I believe no but because of the type of the crystal (hardlex) you get no reflections at all (similar o better to a single AR).

Quality: Superb (only top reps can come close to it)

Movement: 21J ... but checked , serviced before delivery etc... better than many of the so called swiss here.

post-106-1220941225_thumb.jpg

hi friends. thanks for all the input. Based in the info above and after having read the numerous reviews and mods over at watchuseek forums. I pulled the trigger on this baby last night, should be here tomorrow.

I am really looking to the 100s of modifications I can do to this watch, I found a contact over at watchuseek who can supply custom dials, hands, saphire with AR coating... all the mods for fraction of the cost... wow, its really mindblowing. Sapphire with AR cosing around $50. now thats a deal..

The best thing is that I can order the parts and get ANY watch smith to carry out the work without them umming and arring about the "chinese reps are [censored] and I couldnt touch them with a (insert pole name)" quotes...

All in all I am really looking fwd to it..

@AMK000: beautiful watch mate, I was in two minds if i should get the Bullet or 007, decided to go for 007 as i can always mod it to be a bullet when I am bored of the default 007 look.. hehe.

Thxx for this info

I think i have to buy a used watch from the bay then just to get the movement.

Dont want to deal with otto at all...

what watch do you need the movement for? you might be better off buying a new Cheap watch that is using 7S26 movement. Its a common movement in seiko watches. The cheapest 7S26 based watch i have seen is

The modell number i dont have in my head.

But it is old i would say it is about 10 years and it died last year.

So i have to doublecheck and i dont find any picture of the watch i have on the net.

It looks nearly the same like the 200 divers but the dial is totally different

Edited by Paneraibob

I am in UK so I needed a UK seller. I decided to go for RLT Watches:

http://www.rltwatches.co.uk/acatalog/Divers1.html

They currently have a very nice offer on the seiko watches, almost 50% off compared to some online prices and watch is sent next day delivery.

Edited by blade007

hi friend, you wouldnt be able to replace a citizen movement with a seiko one. According to this page, NY0040 17LB and it uses a Caliber: 8203 movement. Good luck sourcing one...

edit: having looked at the dial of your watch and the one one the link I dont think yours is a NY0040 17LB model, again, i could be wrong

Edited by blade007

• 4 years later...

Recently just bought it for myself to. First Seiko Diver watch. As someone was asking where I bought it from, so it was from amazon. (Living in US) At the moment very happy with it. I think about modifing it, as I found a lot of info exactly for this moment. Any of you have done something before? What experience and what you would recommend for newbie?