When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aspire's Chrono Avenger

kanerich

Typical for the rep factories. It's not Paul's fault, it's just the same old blues. Now the old rep of Avenger is the watch to get.

And now that you mentioned it...the pearl looks like utter shite in that model. Look at watcher71's Avenger (below)...much better. Also notice how the dial is different too. Hour markers are thicker like in the genuine but "10" gets a nasty cut in Paul's watch (not a big deal though).

Pauls:

84487-29677.jpg

Genuine:

84487-29678.jpg

Watcher71's rep:

84487-29679.jpg

Edited by By-Tor

Typical for the rep factories. It's not Paul's fault, it's just the same old blues. ]

Josh and Andrew's website still offer the old-style CA's so if they're no longer in production at all, that seems strange.

They've been making Seawolfs and CA's with this bezel pearl for 2 years plus, there's no reason to change it for the worse except for one reason -- cut costs. And that's why I say, "all reps are not all the same."

Edited by kanerich

Paul has the crappy version...the crappy pearl...closed 4 in the "45" at (9:00) ... and for some reason, it has a little breitling "B" etched just to the left of the pearl (which does not exist on the genuine or the better reps). I have seen this version with a few dealers, so make sure you do your homework before pulling trigger on a "good" deal.

Paul has the crappy version...the crappy pearl...closed 4 in the "45" at (9:00) ... and for some reason, it has a little breitling "B" etched just to the left of the pearl (which does not exist on the genuine or the better reps). I have seen this version with a few dealers, so make sure you do your homework before pulling trigger on a "good" deal.

You gotta be careful, you're absolutely right . . . this is why the "all reps are the same, I just sell for cheaper" claim (which Paul has made literally dozens of times) burns me. Yeah, all reps are the same, but not all dealers carry the same reps of the same models.

The earlier version is clearly the best. I bought it way back when and swapped out the Asian for a Swiss found out I couldn't swap the datewheels (rings for you Brits out there) and the stock wheel on the Swiss was closer to the gen. Luck over skill, baby :D For anyone who owns one take a look at RepAustria's refinishing of the case. It is phenomenal. Not being as skilled as he I simply polished it up and that improved the case color and lustre.