When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Pilot

Guest hoopty

Well after all the hullabaloo

I have come to realize that a Big Pilot is'nt the most comfortable watch on me as I had not measured my wrist size for some time and dropped from a 7" to a 6.5" wrist over the past year. I came to realize this after taking a trip down to my local IWC AD and trying on the BP and then the 3717. not saying that I am not going to get the BP but the 3717 fit me like a glove. All in all I still have a BP on its way and probably will use that strap on my also new coming 3717 V1 Dial. Now I have already imagined what I plan to do to it and need some suggestions on where to get what done!

It already has ETA day/date wheels installed though I would like to do alot more modifications on this one since it fits me quite well.

1st: I would like to have the chrono pins polished or changed to completely chrome silver as gen per say, soo who can do this and is it even possible?

2nd as it has the completely blue hue rep crap factory AR crystal that I would like to have popped out and sent for some good AR, soo who would you suggest on having this done by?

3rd the movement aka A7750 may need to be serviced if the sub sec hand jerks which mostly does on these coming from the rep factories, Who does it the best and can make the hands stop jerking and stopping periodically as most rep chronos I have had do as it drives me nuts. For example I am seeing the second hand smoothly pass the 5 sec dot and then all of a sudden stops for a good sec or two and then starts again, even though It's keeping good time I dont want to spend hundreds on an ETA 7750 movement and would like to find out if a A7750 can run very smooth?

4th I would like to get the chrono pushers completely out and brushed and have the casing PVD/DLC coated, I am still looking for some one to do that. If you have some one in mind who can do this and I mean not the all black shiny stuff. I want to give this a dark grey gunmetal ceramic look?

5th Get it lumed though it will have to be done precisely as I hate to see blobby or not well formed lume on markers which completely kills the accuracy of an already perfect V1 dial. Also is there any way to get the dial darker as most rep 3717 dials I have seen give a dark charcoal grey look?

I understand this project might be poised to look like the IWC Top Gun Ceramic but I like the dial and size of the 3717 and I did try the GEN TOP GUN and yes it was a great watch though it just did not fit my wrist due to the awkward lugs and yes I cant afford any GENS.

Pic I found of a photoshopped Top Gun Ceramic.... though the picture nicely pertains the look I would like to achieve with all your help if all this is even possible?

DSC04337ascopy.jpg

PS: I would like to get most/all of these mods which I don't even know can be performed or suggest me. done from modders within the US at a relatively good affordable prices.

Thx and all suggestion would be very helpful

I thought your 3717 actually had a very good k2222 ar not a crap rep blue hue one? :)

LOL, it's too blue for me J.K, from what I have heard or read up on, Chiefs new AR is better, Is that soo specifically the for the 3717's slightly curved crystal.

They both developed a new type of coating with almost no visible hue.

Have to tell you I love the watch pictured in your first post - any idea what strap is that?

I have to agree with you on that as well. I found the original guy and have already asked him about the starp and am waiting for his response, I will let you know

Here is another pic of the original

DSC04334.jpg