When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need a thinner strap for 001B, help!

pamlover

After doing research on straps, both OEM and Aftermarket I came up with these dealers I would like to deal with:

1.GSD

2.Ted Su

3.Simona

4.Savage

5.TWB

6. Dirk

7.Don

8.Micah

9.Heroic

10.Kaktus

11. Strap Works

12.Strap Culture

13.MF

14.Bob

In not this particular order. After receiving my first strap over $100 that I decided to keep, it was the SC Legend II at 5mm. The strap looks nice, color wise, but it is a thick strap, that is not very comfortable to wear, compared to TWB Calif black/white stitch I have on now as I type on my 001B. And I have a 4.5 Heroic coming on its way. I thinck I want to stick to thinner 3-4mm straps, OEM calif, gator and after market calif, gator and ammo. Which makers have the softest out of the box leathers 3-4mm thick, so it is very comfortable to wear? I might be selling SC Legend II if it does not feel better in a week on my hand, the buckle and the 2 pockets on the strap look massive, I like it one minute, and not sure the other.

I heard GSD straps are soft and 4mm, not sure of Simona and others, please post some pics and thickness numbers of your straps and how comfortable they were from start till now.. No low end stuff please. The least expensive I would consider are TWB, Bob, and Don califs...

My Sc Legend II

IMG_5654.jpg

IMG_5657.jpg

This my next one on the list, this hide if I can find it, GSD prime lite:

PAM2338.jpg

I am with you. I am not sure what the fascination is with these "thick" 4MM+ straps. They simply do not feel comfortable to me. Maybe it is because i have wimpy wrists. I have been looking for a good recommendation as well.

So far - my research seems to point to some of the europelli's. Not sure if you have looked at those. I hope that some other can weigh in with their experience.