When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Jaquet Droz replicas anyone?

kronos twin

Hello all,

It's a great pleasure to be on this site. I've already learned so much from several of your posts. I'm generally a Panerai guy with a lot of love spread to other watches, but I have a question that may prove moot.

Last year I found a site, http://www.watch-ebay.net/ProductsListA.asp?id=91 , selling Jaquet Droz replicas. The site no longer works, and I've never seen any other places that have sold these pieces.

I am particularly fond of Jaquet Droz, especially given their history and Pierre Jaquet Droz's impact on watchmaking. It'd be nice to start with a rep of the JD before moving on to the infinitely more expensive gen.

Any thoughts, ideas, comments.

Many thanks,

kt

I totally hear you on this. If they made better reps, I'd be fully willing to buy one. The classic lines of the JD beg for a good replica. Additionally, the functions on most models wouldn't be so exotic that a good rep couldn't be made.

also, I'd love to see the new SUW get some rep attention.

Like so:

The search continues...

post-16388-1221547497_thumb.jpg

nice one!

this one could be replicated to visual perfection form the front side, case as well...don't know for the back (suppose it is an open caseback?!)...it would be a nice addition to the dress watches that are currently replicated well...and it would be a rather cheap replica since they could use the asian 21j movement (reliable one)...