When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do EMS deliveries to the US show up in a seperate mail trucks?

Moze

I think I've had a couple orders ship via EMS before (car related stuff), and I think I remember them being sort of ninja-like. No package, I blink and then somehow the package is sitting at my door.

I know that once EMS from China enters the US, it is turned over to USPS... but I was wondering if they deliver it in a different mail truck.

I'm curious because I saw my package leave customs at 1pm yesterday in a city about 6 hours from here, the mail just got delivered by USPS @ 9:30am and the package did not come with him. Thanks!

Edit: update below

I think I've had a couple orders ship via EMS before (car related stuff), and I think I remember them being sort of ninja-like. No package, I blink and then somehow the package is sitting at my door.

I know that once EMS from China enters the US, it is turned over to USPS... but I was wondering if they deliver it in a different mail truck.

I'm curious because I saw my package leave customs at 1pm yesterday in a city about 6 hours from here, the mail just got delivered by USPS @ 9:30am and the package did not come with him. Thanks!

I've had packages come via separate delivery guys and by my regular carrier, but always with signature required (except for inexpensive parts). How fast the watch gets from customs to you depends on a lot of factors. If my tracking information shows that the watch is already in my city, then I usually get it the same day. But if that doesn't happen, then you have something to look forward to tomorrow.

Congrats and enjoy.

EMS locally usually is hand-delivered by the branch manager of the local post office.... driving his own car.

I think I've had one EMS package actually delivered by my regular postman... the rest have been delivered by the person I know to be the branch manager... he drives it in his own personal vehicle, wearing suit/tie with a USPS ID tag on his pocket and has stated that EMS packages are treated as being the "highest priority" packages they get....

Perhaps my local branch is wierd... but I can't complain. If I track my packages via the USPS site, I can see them leave customs, fly to the local airstrip and be delivered to my door roughly 40 minutes after landing at the small local airstrip.

Thanks for the responses guys... I guess it does show up separately. Although it did not show up on the regular mail truck, I just saw this update in tracking:

* Arrival at Unit, September 19, 2008, 10:07 am, City, State Zip

Unit? Its not at MY unit :p Could that possibly mean the local post office? I'm continue to track to make sure I'm home to sign for it. I really hope unit doesn't mean "delivered," because that would mean something went wrong.

Thanks for the responses guys... I guess it does show up separately. Although it did not show up on the regular mail truck, I just saw this update in tracking:

* Arrival at Unit, September 19, 2008, 10:07 am, City, State Zip

Unit? Its not at MY unit :p Could that possibly mean the local post office? I'm continue to track to make sure I'm home to sign for it. I really hope unit doesn't mean "delivered," because that would mean something went wrong.

I think it meant that the package has arrived to your local post office and ready to be delivered.