When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Graham CF Diver- Please Advise

dmastah12

I had the Diver and it was beautiful but the movement was not working. I now see that Chronofighter (non diver) comes in a quartz model (same case and strap but with quartz and mineral crystal for 1/2 the price). The prices vary but I have seen it delivered for 14 day shipping included for $ 140.

Thank you for the info, Would u mind posting the link please

I was told that there are a few factories making the graham Chronofigher in different versions. The DIVER version is a separate company. I had this watch ..beautiful except the watch had no power reserve and the emblem fell off the back case in the first 5 minutes (so much for the Dealer checking out the watch prior to shipping it..ha ha)

Another factory makes the Graham OVERLORD (21 K beat) and then another the Chronofighters with 28K beat you see all over the Dealer pages.

After several movement problems and no QA from Dealers who claim to do them :rolleyes: I went for a quartz from a dealer on probation on another forum. I have NOT gotton the watch yet. www.watcheden.com I cheaped out and went for price. He has a $20 coupon code on the front page of his web site and free 14 day shipping (closer to 18 days from the time you order to the time you see the watch in your hands..hee hee) . The Quartz versions for the most part have mineral crystal instead of saphire but not all. I feel this Dealer is honest in his descriptions. Several other dealers say the same quartz watch has saphire. WHO IS CORRECT ? I opted to order only a model that has the same case and strap/ bracelet as the more expensive 7750 version. The Oris Coste had lot of QA problems etc ..do a search on all the Replica Forums and search under Oris. I like the design but wanted to cut my chances of getting a DOA watch. I can see the Oris has the Chrono dials close together unlike the automatic movement but I don't really care. The Graham Quartz has the same issue but it is FAR LESS noticeable. I will take pics of the Oris when I get it and write a review. If I like it I will order more as it is 1/2 price of the 7750 versions etc. I felt $118 shipped was a good gamble vs $ 300 ( I felt the $ 30 EMS is to much). I think the quartz option is a good alternative for me. I have had to many automatic movements die. Many will disagree. You have to be on the end of poor QA out of the box to understand my mindset.

Steve

Edited by steve12345

Here is a link to the the japanese movement that is put into the Quartz replicas. It is made by Citizen . The movement you get depends on configuration of the subdials. There are not additional gears added to the movement like the 7750 movement.

The Oris is a OS 10 and the Graham is a OS 21. The batteries are 3 year batteries and if the movement dies simply order another movement. All you have to do is remove the hands and stem. swap the movement etc. This is why I chose to go quartz. No more sending the watch back and forth to China at $ 30 a pop. :)

Steve

http://www.citizen.co.jp/miyota_mvt/catalog/n12.html

Here is a link to the the japanese movement that is put into the Quartz replicas. It is made by Citizen . The movement you get depends on configuration of the subdials. There are not additional gears added to the movement like the 7750 movement.

The Oris is a OS 10 and the Graham is a OS 21. The batteries are 3 year batteries and if the movement dies simply order another movement. All you have to do is remove the hands and stem. swap the movement etc. This is why I chose to go quartz. No more sending the watch back and forth to China at $ 30 a pop. :)

Steve

http://www.citizen.co.jp/miyota_mvt/catalog/n12.html

Thanks a lot steve for the help. i am really tempted now to go for the quartz after reading your post!! Pm sent for more info :D :D :D

I have my fingers crossed. One more feature of the Miyota is that you can easily set the second hand to line up with the 12 oclock postion. All you have to do is pull out the stem and then press in the top chrono button and the second hand rotates and you let go of it when it hits 12 noon. you then push in the stem and it is lined up. The directions are on the link that I posted above. If the Oris Carlos Coste looks decent I will order the Graham Chronofighter for $ 138 shipped. I am trying not to get my hopes up due to poor QC in the past.