When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My HBB keeps stopping

I just bought a nice HBB from a trusted member on the board and I noticed that the watch stops every now and then, and I have to shake it to get the little wheel spinning again...The watch is wound but this still keeps on happening. . Anybody have any ideas on the A7750 movement fix.

The A7750 is far to complex a movement to be able to diagnose this type of problem. It could be one of dozens and dozens of problems, even as simple as the watch not being wound up.

If the movement wasn't serviced, that would be the starting point, all A7750 suffer from lack of correct oiling and adjusting as delivered, some keep running, some like yours don't...it's just the luck of the draw.

You can do your own mini test, handwind the watch, 40 or so full turns on the crown, nice and slow, if you feel any resistance -STOP or you risk serious damage to the movement. If you can handwind it as above, then set the time, let the watch sit somewhere and see what happens...if it stops running before 30+ hours, you need to have it looked at by a watchsmith.

RG