When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cant get that insert to fit in your Euromariner?

blue_sphere

So all excited about my new euromariner I quickly went out and bought a replacement jewerlyoutlet insert. Let me say its BEAUTIFUL. However then I went to mill the back, and almost sanded through the entire insert. It would pop in the bezel fine, but when I put the bezel in the insert would pop out.

BK gave me some insight...

A note of caution. You really shouldn't need to mill the insert. I'm guessing your crystal is in the way and that's why you think you need to mill the insert to make it recessed. Why would the crystal be in the way? Chances are your Euromariner has a non-standard size crystal. I don't know if you remember kelster's post on modding his Euromariner. He found his gasket is broken. It wasn't an accident. The factory broke the gasket on purpose so that they could use up their remaining crystal from the older MBW case. Pretty smart huh! I suspect your watch has the same issue. I saw the exact same thing on the Euromariner that I'm working on. When I have the bezel out, away from the crystal, the JO insert snaps in perfectly, no need to recess it. The exact same insert was floating when the watch arrived at my house. I just received a Clark crystal with a new gasket. I haven't assembled everything. I'll let you know if the Clark crystal gives the proper clearance so I don't have to mill it. Just wait for my message.

-bk

Interesting indeed...

interesting - reading some recent post i think BK is right -

crystal recycling :-)

maybe thats why some bezels turn hard or the crystal is stuck - i think a lot of glue is the reason.

my insert was also floating - but i had the beta version :-)

but the Clarks combo / gen insert works - put a little epoxy to secure the insert in the bezel -

let it dry - and then press it careful in (i used a crystal press)

cheers,

Frank