When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone doing replica hifi cables (Nordost)

Pannyman04

So you are looking for what is essentially lampcord labeled as Nordost?

Seriously, I am all for high end cables (I use some (not Nordost) myself), but I cannot see how you would get anything else without buying the cables from Nordost.

I disagree. Someone out there, undoubtedly in China, must be making and assembling the cable material for them and since there are 'fakes' (ie 'non authorised' cables with no s/n) about, I would guess some of this material is definitely making it into circulation without Nordost's consent.

I already have some pretty good mains stuff (Eupen/Audusa cable with the patented RF absorbing metal-polymer coating, recently unmasked as the cable used under the nylon cover at x10 markup in the well-regarded

I got to agree with freddy here. You can buy fake cable but you'll never be sure that it is coming from the same factory/sub-contractor as the original. The cable can look exactly the same cosmetically but you will never know the actual metallurgy of the wire used. This would be the same as buying fake golf clubs. Unless they are willing to give you a free trial ... you'll never really know how they will preform in your system.

If you're on budget you might want to get some Chinese domestically branded high-end cable. They do have a thriving high-end segment that makes quality stuff.