When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pulling the trigger on my first PAM

reachroland

So now that I've got the Avenger Skyland.

And i'm currently saving for a Eurotimez Seadweller.

#3 of my goal is the Panerai.

I must say, of all the forums here. I really like the personalities and contributions of everone I read about in the PAM section.

Right now I'm down to three finalists.

PAM 112 Base

PAM 292 Black Seal

PAM 288 Radiomir Chrono

Of the three above, based on all my research and readings, it looks like the 112 has had the most "mod" action.

Right when I'm about to pull the trigger, I second guess myself, based on someone else's post...and don't know where to start...so I end up wondering if I'm just going to buy a fully modded watch in the watch section to not worry about the hassle. Any takers for a nice quality 112 for $600 usd? :) lol...

for the 292 and the 288, i'm at a loss.

I noticed that the 292's that i look at, on the dealer section, everything looks "polished" on the black cases...and i can't really find anyting with the nice black matte finish.

For the 288, the pictures look all nice and dandy, but when looking at my Panerai catalog, i noticed that the reps have open clear casebacks??? what the heck?

For all three finalists, however, I am excited about the strap i will use. The StrapSmith. Rob Montana.

Man...those black vintage straps, and the submarine buckles are just calling for me!!!! lol.

Rob Montana - Strap Smith

Now if i just decided to say, what the heck, and pull the trigger for a 292 or a 288...the dealers told me they don't do any lume services.

since i am obviously a noob, and haven't earned enough street cred to just PM one of the famous lume people here, are there any takers to help me out, if i decided to pick up a 292 or 288?

regarding the 112, i am fully convinced, that i'm just going to bite the bullet and either bid or buy a modded watch.

alright ok.

thank you for you time,

reachroland