When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Help with the Euromariner/WM9/PT?

blue_sphere

So you just picked up your new watch. You got swiss ETA right? That movement will last forever, might need a cleaning (local watchsmith can do it for 20-30 dollars if you find a good one).

Ok so now your set... watch looks great, has a nice feel... man... your wearing a rolex! Side by side though you notice a few differences. Here are a few steps to help you reach that perfect sub!

Step 1: Crown Guards

This is a common mod. So common in fact I believe its becoming a little dated. Your new watch should have pretty decent CGs and unless you are a complete perfection freak, you will fool everyone.

Step 2: Bezel Insert

YOU NEED THIS MOD. Period... Your best bet would be a genuine insert found via e-bay. You you dont want to blow that much BK has a great suggestion on mixing a watchmaterial pearl with a jewerlyoutlet insert.

The pearl can be found via http://www.watchmaterial.com/ make sure you get the right one for your model!

The insert is found via ebay... via seller Jeweleryoutlet555. www.ebay.com

NOTE: There is some issues with the crystal hitting the insert at the moment. I will update as needed!

Step 3: Crystal

They are getting damn close with the etching. Still next to a gen when looked at closely you can see the difference. This may also be a mandatory mod if you replace the insert.

I purchase my crystal at www.ofrei.com. Quality is said to be excellent and there is no etching. For the 16610 the number is

Make sure that you purchase an accompanying gasket!!!!

Step 4: Relume

Your replica comes with a very inexpensive lume on it that will only last a few minutes. Real rolex's use luminova lume. It will be at your descretion to find out which lume you want to use on your watch (submariners use C3). But with luminova your lume will glow for hours!

Should you do all three steps... your watch will be indistinguishable to the naked eye and will require the caseback to be removed to verify its a replica. Pretty sweet huh?

-Shawn

P.S. Will edit if people have additional comments.

Good start.

Depending on how deep one's wallet is, you can take it a few steps further with gen crown and as an added option the tube (not necessary to work with the gen crown), gen bezel assembly, gen dial, etc. etc. However, with the point of diminshing return, one would be encroaching on the price point of simply buying a gen :)

...However, it's much more fun to build (in my opinion).

Good post! I just want to add that not all versions of the sub take the same crystal. Also, different factories have different bezels, some that can accept gen inserts, some that can't. CG's ALWAYS must my shaved. Some crowns look WAY off and need to be replaced. Finally, bracelet needs to have the sharp edges taken off with a toothpick and some high grit sandpaper.

I see that your post was for Euromariner/WM9/PT....What is PT? Should it also say that it is for MBW/MBK since they are the same case as the others?

Great thread! I'm waiting anxiously for the update on the bezel insert. I have the jewelry outlet insert and can't seem to get it to snap in. It seems to be hitting the metal just next to the crystal.

Thanks!

Pete

Pete! Many of us have been having that problem. See my thread on it "Cant get that Euromariner Insert In?" Which will be up in the coming minutes!

EDIT: See here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=83616

Edited by blue_sphere