When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A7750 Advice

jleong

Hi all.

Being relatively new to this game, I have acquired about 10 reps in the last 3 months. 90% of them being A7750 28.8K movements.

So far, they have been pretty good except for 2 watches.

1. Tag Carrera. This one I bought for a friend and basically checked it to work when I first received it. It worked fine for about 5 days but then died on the winder. I never really wore the watch as it was for someone else.

2. AP ROO Seconds at 12. Thus far this is actually my favourite watch. However, the movement is giving me problems. I know the seconds at 12 makes it more at risk of failure. However, I found it odd the the 2 watches that I did not wear much have given me problems. They basically do work... except they tend to stop during the day.

Any advice on what is the best way to look after these movements? I was told that the AP ROO should not be kept on a winder...

My other 8 reps do not give me any problems at all.. mostly Chrono watches. Skyland V2, PAM 250, Graham Chronofighter Oversized, PAM 252, Brietling SA, Hublot Big Bang, PAM 253 and Corum AC Comp. These watches have seen quite a bit of wrist time and even if I let them run flat (only have winder space for 4) they have no problems starting up and running again.

Any advice here would be appreciated.

Also, for all you guys in Oz.. a good watchsmith who is good with 7750s would be great as I have 2 wacthes that need to be looked at.