When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Box for my leather strap babys

P8B

Hey Guys,

Since ive been here and been looking at the various boxes for watches I decided to get one for meself. As I have just got my second strap watch (I was a steel strap guy before my PAM) so I decided I needed something for them.

I was at a box maker a few weeks ago with my girlfriend and happened to talk to his son bout this, we got talking and I drew out a crude sketch of the box I was looking for. He said he could do it but in real leather the cost would just be wrong, so we picked out a faux croco leather and here are the results.

Closed

box3.jpg

box2.jpg

Leather shot

box1.jpg

Nice big space to keep addition straps at the bottom

box1111.jpg

My one lonely PAM

box111.jpg

box11.jpg

Not bad I think but a few design tweaks are needed like individual compartments for each watch etc. But here's the winner, this one cost me Rs 1000 or (wait for it) just over $25!!!!!

Comments as usual are very welcome...

Cheers

P

Edited by P8B

@TagShmag: ingenuity has no bounds, in your case no taste or style either. keep it up....

@P8B: oh cool. I am heading over to india in a couple of months and got a few relatives in delhi too. Time to get some custom made panerai style straps along with a similar box to urs. I am in UK btw..

Edited by blade007

@TagShmag: ingenuity has no bounds, in your case no taste or style either. keep it up....

@P8B: oh cool. I am heading over to india in a couple of months and got a few relatives in delhi too. Time to get some custom made panerai style straps along with a similar box to urs. I am in UK btw..

@Blade - Im working on a new one in design stage at the moment (trying to source a particular leather for it so on hold) will send you pics when ready.

P.S> Id be VERY interested in getting some PAM straps myself.. Where you gonna get em made?

@P8B: Cool, i look forward to seeing it mate. Was ur other box improvised from a bangle case? Looking cool though.

I have a local leathersmith, I had got him to make a a custom pair of cowboy boots a few years back, since then he has made many custom bits n pieces for me. I generally give him a pic for any custom designs. There are a couple of leathersmiths in Delhi that specialize in making cowboy boots (mostly for export), perhaps have a word with them..