When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cant Get that Insert in? (Euromariner/WM9/MBW/MBK)

blue_sphere

Let me start off with this is all between BK and myself. All credit goes to him. Thank you BK. Please also note these are his words not mine.

The reason why your insert is not going in is because... The retaining ring, a big one, that holds down the whole gasket, which is also the foundation of the bezel assembly, is blocking the insert from going in. The part of it that wraps around the crystal is too high, in relation to the bezel.

The factory literally broke the gasket to fit in an older model crystal. If you look at the attached picture you will see.

crystal_const.jpg

What we all have is an MBW crystal which is not the same as a gen crystal. The factory didnt want to make new crystals so they intentionally broke the gasket to get the crystal to fit.

So the fix is to grind down that part of the retaining ring. It's safe to do so because the retaining ring is quite thick and tall. That little bit (less than 1mm) being gone won't weaken the structural integrity. With that shaved off a little, the insert has a chance to go in all the way in. It just snaps in without glue and is nicely recessed.

On another note: I (blue) HIGHLY recommend getting a new crystal and gasket. As walking around with a broken gasket on your wrist is just asking for trouble.