When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First rep SMP :)

pooloo

Hi everyone, ive been a long time lurker here and finally grown some balls to decide to post more actively :p

Id just like to share my joy and owning my first rep with all the Omega and rep enthusiast.

Its a Silix rep ( i hear to be the best version SMP atm), and its a great piece!.

I realise there has been some issues with Silix of late but i dedicded to give him (Jay) a go anyways. It took around 4 weeks which was expected for the watch to arrive but im happy none the less. Jays service was great replying back to my queries within 24 hrs and also including a picture of the watch before he sent it!

Just to note that i did get a notice about my watch initially not passing QC which was the reason it took 4 weeks <_< ... that excuse im suspect of but no harm done! Anyways, the obvious flaws of the rep arent too noticable in hand but the main flaw that worries me is that the crown appears to be wobbly when unscrewed... I guess now i need to go through the task of finding a reliable watchsmith in Sydney that will do reps to get a gen crown fitted! I was just wondering if this crown issue was very common in omega reps and also if its something i should be owrried about?

Anyways here is a strip tease (of sorts) of the watch..sorry my photos arent too flash, i was too excited haha Now i have my eye on a WBK rep or them 'bargain bonds'!

strip3.jpg

strip4.jpg

The do tend to feel a bit wobbly. If your dial isnt moving also (would be a sign of an improperly secured movement/ring) then it's probably just like the rest of them. You can install a genuine crown on it, but you would also need a new stem and tube. Not expensive parts altogether but it's sort of a project. I think you will just be happy with it the way it is :D

I think you will just be happy with it the way it is :D

your right there mate :) im well happy with it hehe. Though it sometimes feels like the crown would fall off at any given time. I guess if i manage to find a watchmaker in Sydney who is willing to fix reps i might give it a go..(its too scary a project for me to ever try doing it myself!)

Just to note that i did get a notice about my watch initially not passing QC which was the reason it took 4 weeks <_< ... that excuse im suspect of but no harm done! Anyways, the obvious flaws of the rep arent too noticable in hand but the main flaw that worries me is that the crown appears to be wobbly when unscrewed... I guess now i need to go through the task of finding a reliable watchsmith in Sydney that will do reps to get a gen crown fitted! I was just wondering if this crown issue was very common in omega reps and also if its something i should be owrried about?

Hah hah...QC delays are very "common". :rolleyes:

QC on waiting for arrival of the watch maybe...but Jay has always come through for me in the end.

The wobbly crown is common...even with the SMP Chrono. I left mine for awhile...until the crown stripped...and then had The Zigmeister upgrade to a gen tube and crown. You can check out my review of the SMP Chrono for details.

Congrats...and good to see you posting.

Hah hah...QC delays are very "common". :rolleyes:

QC on waiting for arrival of the watch maybe...but Jay has always come through for me in the end.

The wobbly crown is common...even with the SMP Chrono. I left mine for awhile...until the crown stripped...and then had The Zigmeister upgrade to a gen tube and crown. You can check out my review of the SMP Chrono for details.

Congrats...and good to see you posting.

Hopefully the crown on mine wont strip for some time to come until i can find someone to do me a gen crown and service :p Great review on the chrono btw :)

is this a 21 j asian movement?

Silix SMP version is ETA (this was his answer to me when i asked him).. and as far as i am aware, ETA clone from all the reviews and information ive read on the forums. I havent opened the caseback so i cant be 100% sure though..sorry.

Ive yet to handle a Asian21j rep but since im going bond crazy i might be able to do so with a WBK SMP :D

Hopefully the crown on mine wont strip for some time to come until i can find someone to do me a gen crown and service :p Great review on the chrono btw :)

Silix SMP version is ETA (this was his answer to me when i asked him).. and as far as i am aware, ETA clone from all the reviews and information ive read on the forums. I havent opened the caseback so i cant be 100% sure though..sorry.

Ive yet to handle a Asian21j rep but since im going bond crazy i might be able to do so with a WBK SMP :D

Thanks for the kind words. I don't know if the non Chrono crowns are as prone to stripping as the chrono ones, so hopefully you'll be alright...just don't push in too hard, and tighten too hard either.

WBK...that's a name we don't see too often here...but the other boards seem to have alright things to say about him. I've seen a handful of posts here of WBK.