When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is All Hope Lost?

vlydog

As so of you may know about three weeks ago I was trying to sell my gen 78360 oyster bracelet here. I also had it listed on VRF. Well, a German member there expressed interest and after a few e-mails back and forth he bought it. I received the money via PayPal few hours later.

The facts:

His address according to pp was unconfirmed.

The package was sent 1st class to Germany on the 15th without registration. I know, I know...

On September the 26th he informed me that the package had not been delivered.

He confirmed that the address I sent the bracelet to was correct.

I have check with the USPS and they said that a package with this type of delivery is untraceable.

I guess my question is: do I have any other options? He could say he did not receive the bracelet and the USPS can not confirm delivery.

I would like to hear from some of the members in the EU and especially Germany too.

Thank you, vlydog

Three weeks is a long time, but this type of unregistered letter might take even longer. Difficult to say how to approach this, but I simply don't understand why you shipped an expensive GEN part without any tracking.

Tracking is always necessary for both parties, especially for the seller, as it minimizes the chances of dishonesty... from the receiving end.

Sorry to hear this... and good luck man!

Three weeks is a long time, but this type of unregistered letter might take even longer. Difficult to say how to approach this, but I simply don't understand why you shipped an expensive GEN part without any tracking.

Tracking is always necessary for both parties, especially for the seller, as it minimizes the chances of dishonesty... from the receiving end.

Sorry to hear this... and good luck man!

Thanks By-Tor. I know now that sending it without tracking was a big mistake.

Definitely custom! They charge me also 19% tax for my 93150. They are really particular for something that has crown logo on it.

Bottom line is; buyer WILL definitely receive letter from customs. And he has to settle it. Otherwise, package will be held/destroyed by customs/ if lucky returned to you or if really lucky buyer will get it after 1-2 months.

Customs is a possibility... but unregistered letter with only a light Oyster bracelet in it. Sounds a bit unlikely... this type of letters have always arrived without problems to me.

@vlydog: Are you from the US? It would be nice if members filled their real location (US, EU, Asia, Australia) below their avatar. It's very handy in threads like this, and also in all kinds of sales/trade threads. :)

Customs is a possibility... but unregistered letter with only a light Oyster bracelet in it. Sounds a bit unlikely... this type of letters have always arrived without problems to me.

@vlydog: Are you from the US? It would be nice if members filled their real location (US, EU, Asia, Australia) below their avatar. It's very handy in threads like this, and also in all kinds of sales/trade threads. :)

@By-Tor: I am from the US

But I don't think all hope is lost. What I would say is to maintain communication with buyer. Germany custom will definitely send him a letter if it's held (can be 1-2 weeks later). He can choose to ship the package back, provide more documents and pay custom fee.

But I don't think all hope is lost. What I would say is to maintain communication with buyer. Germany custom will definitely send him a letter if it's held (can be 1-2 weeks later). He can choose to ship the package back, provide more documents and pay custom fee.

I have maintained good communication so far all though he is responding in broken English. I am getting about half of what he says.

Example:

If mine excuses feedback peered

I was some days in Switzerland

Yes the Addresse is OK

unfortunately, I have not received bracelet till present yet

if we wait a few more meets

I do not hope this got lost.

I have maintained good communication so far all though he is responding in broken English. I am getting about half of what he says.

Example:

If mine excuses feedback peered

I was some days in Switzerland

Yes the Addresse is OK

unfortunately, I have not received bracelet till present yet

if we wait a few more meets

I do not hope this got lost.

If this had ended with "life is good". i would have a strong inkling who the member is :p :p