When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Has the Sec @ 12 Movement Improved?

Hi I was just wondering if the SEC @ 12 Movement has improved at all. The one that I bought has failed and had defects that I posted in my other Post. I sent it back to Joshua and then I got it back only to have the same problems I dunno what to do I like the look of the watch but at the current moment the watch doesn't run for more then an hour and even then its off by 20 minutes by then I want to buy another one but not if that's how the movement is.

Personally I think the only real hope for any of these type movements (daytona, seconds at six, nine, 12 etc) is the graphite treatment, or perhaps the DLC plate treatment. You're up against a fundamental problem which is that you've got a whole load of extra gears that the movement was never designed to drive. Unless you can drastically reduce the friction load on them you'll always have the same problems.

In the long term pretty much all the Daytona's died, pretty much all the seconds at six IWC's died.. So far the AP Offshore movement seems better a little better, but it still has the same basic issues.