When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

40mm Pams?

WatchFanatic

Hello all,

Does anyone know if 40MM PAM's exist with a movement other than an Asia 7750? I wish the 6497 would fit in there...but I've read that it can't. Girlfriends deserve good movements too! (No pun intended) ;)

-Wf

Joshua has some asian auto. I have not seen 40MM PAMs with 6497 yet. I'd like to see one too. I like the blue dialed 119.

There was a 40mm PAM rep with base dial powered by an ETA 2836 offered roughly 2 years ago. There was also an RXW equivalent to that watch as well before the big MM20 hit the market (fitted with a screw down crown instead of the trademark Panerai crown guard).

For what it's worth... The 7750 fitted in the PAM48/49/50/51 reps is not a terribly bad movement. Since the stopwatch functions have been removed, there is far less to go wrong.

There was a 40mm PAM rep with base dial powered by an ETA 2836 offered roughly 2 years ago. There was also an RXW equivalent to that watch as well before the big MM20 hit the market (fitted with a screw down crown instead of the trademark Panerai crown guard).

For what it's worth... The 7750 fitted in the PAM48/49/50/51 reps is not a terribly bad movement. Since the stopwatch functions have been removed, there is far less to go wrong.

Ubi, I'd still get those movements serviced immediately--I've been working on my 051 for about 9 months--and in so doing have been through 3 asia 7750's. The first died in two days, the second in three months, and the third, which I got completely torn down cleaned and reassembeled, has been going strong for 6 months.

BTW, the 050/051 has the potential to be the most accurate PAM ever. OEM crown guards (which are readily available) solve the crown thickness problem since the problem is not w/ the crown's thickness, but with the size of the rep guard's gap. Even w/o an oem guard, a relume/AR coat/6mm cyclops will bring a 50/51 to 99% for less than $150. The only flaw would be the A's on the dial, but ona 40mm watch that's only spottable side by side w/ OEM.

Mine has all of the above mods (here's a pic after AR and OEM guard, but before relume and cyclops). When I recieve mine back from The Zigmeister, I'll apply a Swiss721 font Date wheel sticker and post a some pics of the final version.