When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Creating a Super Skyland

pfran42

I have a Skyland V2 on SS and a Skyland V1 (with fixed 3 o'clock dot) on rubber on the way to my house. I would like to take the best parts from each and make a SUPER Skyland and then give the remaining watch away to a friend. Here is my question:

What parts do I want to use from each watch?

Thanks for the input!!!

Courtesy of Toadtorrent

V1

=========

Half lume dot @ 3...but as said in the thread title, Watchstation supposedly has this fixed

No "B" stamp on the bezel

Shallower engraving on caseback (supposedly more accurate)

Smaller Type#

Larger Date of Production between crown guards with a real date

Breitling signed rotor

V2

==========

Better lume dot @ 3

B stamping on bezel

Less crisp engraving on bezel

Deeper engraving of logo on caseback, and a heavier looking logo

Larger Type # on caseback

Fictitious date of manufacture stamping between case lugs (2016)

Barely noticeble, arguably better chrono pushers

Courtesy of Rolexman

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...amp;hl=v1+vs+v2

...and I also believe the V1 hands are better. The Chrono seconds is a better colour, and the subdial hands have a better length.

Stay tuned...and check back at this forum in about 1.5 weeks and I should have a comprehensive comparison and review of all current versions of the Skyland rep.

you're gonna want to use the V1 case for the correct dating... apply the v2 bezel... however, you're going to find that the bezel doesn't come off easily (if at all)

As for the dials, its going to come down to which have the best stamped numerals...

As for the dots, to make it "ultimate", you are gonna have to send it away to be re-lumed to have a flatter and centered appearance...

However, I think the only way to make the skyland more "Super" is track down a Gen dial... Extremely Difficult, but doable... eventually one day?!?!

maybe, make some friends in Switzerland??? preferably ones that work AT or AROUND Breitling???

If you wanted more "ultimate" features, a genuine skyland bracelet can be found the BAY for around 300-500 bucks...

honestly, i think you would have been better off buying two different models and enjoying those separately... like the SA or a BCE.. (if you don't already have on of those too)