When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

hello guys and gals

chenzo

thanks pollox ,,

it seeems ruby has a good reputation,

can you tell me how i will need to look after it?

will i have to get it serviced like you do with the gen...its the hand wind version??

any advice would be welcome :D:D:D

The moon watch is beautiful...so is the 50th Anniversary...not the most accurate because of the subdial spacing issue (use the Search function if you want more details) but a great, well built watch with a beautiful movement.

Ruby has a good reputation...and is well thought of overall on this board with many satisfied customers.

AS to care, yes, it is a manual wind watch. Do some search on movement maintenance...mostly relating to the A7750 (automatic not yours...but the advice is similar) and you will find:

[

• Wind it as much as you want. It's not fully wound until you can't wind it anymore.
  • You can't overwind the watch...but if you feel resistance...STOP
  • Don't expect it to be water resistant for swimming. You may get lucky...but don't dunk it unless you've had it pressure tested
  • Mechanical movements can be left unmaintained, but like a car, without proper maintenance, it will breakdown and be costly to fix
  • Maintenance generally means full servicing every 5 years
  • With proper maintenance, there is no reason the watch shouldn't last a lifetime
  • Where to service is an issue. Call around for watchmakers who will work on reps...don't go to an AD.

Welcome aboard...and take some pics and post your experiences.

fantastic!!!

thats what i wanted to know,

i was worried that i might overwind it ,

will i only need to wind it up if it has been off my wrist for a while??

as for pressure testing ..is it easy to get done? is there any risk of it getting damaged??

thanks for any help to a newbie

fantastic!!!

thats what i wanted to know,

i was worried that i might overwind it ,

will i only need to wind it up if it has been off my wrist for a while??

as for pressure testing ..is it easy to get done? is there any risk of it getting damaged??

thanks for any help to a newbie

The power reserve is about 44 hours I think. It will NOT wind up as you wear it...that's an automatic. The spinning rotor on automatics is what winds the watch. On the manual winds, you have to wind the thing every 44 hours or more frequent if you want.

An additional post to read:

Moon Watch Guide

AS to pressure testing...you can use the Search feature plugging in "pressure test" or "test a watch for water resistance" and you will find:

How to test a watch for water resistance

It can cost between $20 and $50. There are "dry" testers as well...not just the Bodum.

;) thanks for that info , and for pointing me in the right direction.

is the manual wind a better watch than the auto or is it a case of personal opinion??

sorry to bombard you with all these questions ,,i just want to hit the ground running when it arrives

thanks again from the newbie in the uk ....liverpool B):D:)