When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC 3717

xlr8tn

Hello RWG,

I purchased a 3717 about 6 months ago and started noticing what may be an issue. When my watch has been sitting awhile unused and I have to set it all again, I noticed that I feel the movement wobbling a lot when trying to screw in the crown. I also can not manually wind this one at all because it does the same thing.

I have a watch winder and it will keep my watch charged for a few days and then it stops. I have a Steinhausen double, but none of my reps seem to stay charged. Any other recommendations?

Thanks,

Brent

One thing I noticed today...when I started, stopped, and reset the chrono, and put the crown in the winding position, I was actually able to wind it. It is still a little bit hard to wind with a bit of resistance, but I do not feel the rotor turning like it did before.

There are two reasons for this, Both require a movement service (or at least partial service). The two possibilities are a sticky slipper clutch, or a incorrect length click spring. Both of these problems were posted on fairly recently. Do a few searches and hopefully you'll find the posts.