When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A problem with AP movement?

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

Together with my latest arrival YCM Tuiga HBB I received a black themes SS AP ROO.

Did not wear it so far because it came on a bracelet that I hate instead of rubber strap it was supposed to come with.

Anyway today after I got the bracelet off to ship it back to my dealer I tried to set the time and wind it and I noticed something odd.

It seems like rotor is somehow attached to the crown, I mean when I try to wind it manually or simply try to screw the crown in I feel that I am making the rotor rotate with extreme speed, it makes the whole watch shake in my hand.

So the question is - should I just pack the whole watch and send it back, not just the band or do you think it might be an easy fix?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

M.

...regardless if this will be an easy fix or not...the watch is not 100% in function...SEND IT BACK!

Theo

P.S.: I had the same problem with another chrono and it died shortly after I realised the fault.

P.P.S.: I have the same problem with an MBW ROO and I just shake the watch a bit to get it running.

This is a problem with the movement, and will stuff the movement if you keep winding it. There seem to be be two contributing reasons. (well according to recent posts here). One is the slipper clutch sticks, and secondly the click spring is too short.

The Zigmeister did a post on the slipper issue a few months back, and GBD did a great post on repgeek regarding the click spring issue. Sorry no links, but can't be hard to find.