When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

crown and tube of new SMP chrono

fitipaldi2

Hi, I hope someone will have the answer.

After some months having my SMP chrono (old version) I started having the classic problem with the crown: it doesn't screw in anymore!

I read posts about the subject (to replace it by the gen crown and tube, around $77 shipped).

Do you know if the crown and tube of the new version of the SMP chrono could solve this issue?

thanks

Edited by fitipaldi2

Please could you help me?

thanks

Hey fitipaldi2,

Im not sure if the new chorno versions crown can fit the old one, but maybe some of the wise fellows here can help! :)

I share your problem as my crown on my SMP is gettting loose also! Ive been recommended to get a gen crown, tube and stem on it to solve the problem- but as u said it is around $77 minus the shipping and parts.

Hopefully your local watchmaker can have it done for you.

Do a search on the new case or caseset of the SMP by Takashi...it sounds like it's the same case but a different dial.

I've read somewhere that somebody got a replacement crown and tube from one of the collectors that fixed the problem...but the issue from what I understand is the thread pitch causes premature wear...and that's why the gen part albeit more expensive is better in the long run.