When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

winder time

oscarmadfish

Nice Oscar. The slowest seting that keeps your watches wound. It will vary from MVT to MVT. Native 21Js and ETAs should be happy on 650, watches with complications like GMT hands or moon phase take a little more and may need 850 while the 1000 is for those who sunscribe to the therey that chronos should be left to run.

Col.

very nice Oscar - I'm jealous - I'll be getting the exact one - are you fully happy with it?

I just need to stop staying up all night, sleep all day and do some work or I won't be buying anything :(

Great winder, I have the same one. For watches with the 7750 I have it set for 1000, I believve the 7750 requires something like 900 turns per day. Eta 2824/2336 and asian 21J should be fine at 650.

Enjoy

Nice Oscar. The slowest seting that keeps your watches wound. It will vary from MVT to MVT. Native 21Js and ETAs should be happy on 650, watches with complications like GMT hands or moon phase take a little more and may need 850 while the 1000 is for those who sunscribe to the therey that chronos should be left to run.

Col.

Yep - I'd agree with that - a couple of my 21Js seem to need 850 too, but as you say, they have complications (Tag GC RS8 GMT particularly). Surprisingly, the VC is happy at 650. Go figure.

I wish I'd bought the 8 capacity winder to start off with, though - my single winder is almost useless. I'll drop a watch on it intending to wear it the following morning - come the morning I've changed my mind about the watch I want to wear, so the wrong one is in the winder.. :rolleyes:

Swiss MVT in the VC? Or maybe just propperly lubed at factory.

Col.

Nope, it's a 21J - just seems to be a good one, that's all.

greg= cheapskate :p

You mean you've only just worked that one out....? :D

still going now greg but will bump to 1000 if it stops thanx

I imagine it's going to depend on your particular sample - like my VC, if it's well-lubed hopefully it'll just need the lower rate.