When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG1: Still waiting - but it will be worth it!

JohnG

Again... who is TTK, please?

http://repgeek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

He is a dealer at Rep Geek. If you are not a member, you will have to join to view his section. He is controversial because he sometimes can takes a LONG time to ship watches. I paid for the SOSF a month ago and it hasn't shipped yet. If you order from this guy you have to have a serious Zen like attitude. He always delivers and pestering him will not help - so it is best to order and then get into a comfortable yoga position and adjust your mental state.

That said, he has AWESOME QC, he is a real artist - temperamental and fussy, but a perfectionist. His pictures give you an idea of that... but he is NOT communications oriented.

Just advance notice - I think those who know what to expect do well with him but those who don't have stress and problems...

They really do look astoundingly good for the dough. I'll be interested to see your pics when they finally arrive. If they're _that_ good, I might even have to try TTK myself....

http://repgeek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

He is a dealer at Rep Geek. If you are not a member, you will have to join to view his section. He is controversial because he sometimes can takes a LONG time to ship watches. I paid for the SOSF a month ago and it hasn't shipped yet. If you order from this guy you have to have a serious Zen like attitude. He always delivers and pestering him will not help - so it is best to order and then get into a comfortable yoga position and adjust your mental state.

That said, he has AWESOME QC, he is a real artist - temperamental and fussy, but a perfectionist. His pictures give you an idea of that... but he is NOT communications oriented.

Just advance notice - I think those who know what to expect do well with him but those who don't have stress and problems...

Thanks for info, John, as usually- priceless!

Is TTK chinese? Where's he from?

Oh, I have no problems with waiting. I've been waiting for my greencard for 15 years, after getting political assylum in 1990, so... not a problem.

Also, I spent few years in Japan, earning my Black Belt, and half of year in Shaolin Temple, so, Zen is quite familiar thing to me.

Besides, my attitude is - ok, i paid, and it will come sooner or later, I have many things to do, so, let it go...

I'm a member of that forum too, and now I'm looking on TTK page.

Thanks again, John!!!

Edited by Luthier

Very cool about the martial arts back ground Luthier. I would love to get some top notch training like that. How do u think the masters in Japan and China would fair in American MMA? I have also heard great things about the quality from TTK. Thanks for uncovering the mystery. Please keep us informed because I dont mind waiting if its top notch quality.

Very cool about the martial arts back ground Luthier. I would love to get some top notch training like that. How do u think the masters in Japan and China would fair in American MMA? I have also heard great things about the quality from TTK. Thanks for uncovering the mystery. Please keep us informed because I dont mind waiting if its top notch quality.

I can tell you one thing. When I came to Hollywood first time in my life, and walked on Sunset Blvd, I saw the sign - Amwerican Karate Academy". WOW... After a week of wrangling with myself, I finally came inside after class, and talked to sensei. He has Black Belt, 2nd Dan. He offered kumite to me. (Sparring). I put him down in about 10 seconds.

When I see these martial art Shows of MMA here, I want to laugh. Ballet. Show. Mostly cheap and tasteles, and has nothing to do with real martial art. It's laughable. Nobody fight in full ontact.

Gong Fu in China is great, if you'll meet really good old masters in province. Otherwise it's just pulling money out from student's pockets.

In Japan karate is strong and doing well. For real students there it's a style of life. And it's real art of killing, not a ballet.

White belt student from Japan will kill almost any Black Belt from USA in a few seconds.

Thanks for info, John, as usually- priceless!

Is TTK chinese? Where's he from?

Oh, I have no problems with waiting. I've been waiting for my greencard for 15 years, after getting political assylum in 1990, so... not a problem.

Also, I spent few years in Japan, earning my Black Belt, and half of year in Shaolin Temple, so, Zen is quite familiar thing to me.

Besides, my attitude is - ok, i paid, and it will come sooner or later, I have many things to do, so, let it go...

I'm a member of that forum too, and now I'm looking on TTK page.

Thanks again, John!!!

TTK is not chinese,and he is a dealer banned from RWG1,here and RWI....a reason for that my friend,steer clear.

Not to me, Dave, as you know- I'm not for a long time on RWG-1, so, I have no idea, why...

TTK can be temperamental and argumentative. He is from Scotland, is retired, and lives in Thailand. He also makes people wait for watches like I said - but there are cases where people wait many months. A guy on RG just got a watch now after ordering in June. I think because of his sometimes erratic behavior, his poor communications, and personal enmities he was banned on the other boards.

He has improved a lot from my understanding. Nevertheless, one who buys from him should do a lot of research first - KNOW what you are getting into. I went in with my eyes wide open but others sometimes don't - then they complain - and that can just make things worse. If you annoy him, things will go badly.

If you are interested in buying from him, first do a search of "TTK" on the board, using advanced search, and limit the search to the "member and dealer trade review" forum. That will give you an idea of the problems that can come up.

I have bought from him because of his QC, prices, and his legendary status.

If you are interested in buying from him, first do a search of "TTK" on the board, using advanced search, and limit the search to the "member and dealer trade review" forum. That will give you an idea of the problems that can come up.

I have bought from him because of his QC, prices, and his legendary status.

John, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I'll order from him - I'll tell him exactly what I want, then pay, then forget it. One day parcel will come, right?

I just want a good Sub.

Or... I can pick it up in Bangkok one day, I hope he'll not refuse to share a barrel of good beer in Phat Pong?

Edited by Luthier

One day parcel will come, right?

Unfortunately, no.

I lost 700+ USD and 1+ year with TTK. I never got a MBK Nautilus and two subs ordered from him on June 2007.

And he has been banned out from here -- and also from RWG1 if I correctly remember.

I lost 700+ USD and 1+ year with TTK.

And he has been banned out from here -- and also from RWG1 if I correctly remember.

Yep - I understand he was banned from everywhere except RG