When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB lite quartz with knurled bezel and CF?!

hackR

watchmark is selling a japanese crono quartz model of this watch that shows:

1. a knurled bezel...can't tell if it's pvd or ss (lighting not good)

2. it shows a CF dial...at least it looks that way...

i sent an email to them inquiring on it and to get better pix and info...

does anyone know anything about this?...

it seems to me if the watch has the same quality build as the more expensive ones, comes with a knurled bezel and CF dial -- and you can live with quartz movement vs. asian automatic -- then this is a very good deal...all you miss is the AR coating which you can have done later...

here's the link... it's HBB model 1102-581 ... http://www.timeshops.net/Hublot_Big_Bang_O...h__1102-581.htm

any info or comments, very much welcome and appreciated...

R

Hope I'm not being rude - but with quartz and no AR, you're very far away from a piece that looks or feels anything remotely like the original.

If I were you, I'd definately look into getting one of the more expensive versions, with automatic and AR. It's worth it, trust me! :)

Cheers,

pedro

yes...i understand and agree...but, i'm eyeing up some breitlings and like the looks of this one...and the lite versions have been well received by others at their price point...but many of the lites do not have knurled bezels -- this one does...for an addtional $100 USD, above the quartz price, i can get an automatic with ceramic knurled bezel...saving $100 USD and still having a great looking watch is a good deal to me...and gives me more room as i look at the breitlings...

so i still ask everyone what they think...i appreciate opinions of all...thanks...

Hope I'm not being rude - but with quartz and no AR, you're very far away from a piece that looks or feels anything remotely like the original.

If I were you, I'd definately look into getting one of the more expensive versions, with automatic and AR. It's worth it, trust me! :)

Cheers,

pedro

The quartz will have almost zero maintenance costs. All you have to do is swap out the battery every couple of years when the battery runs out. Buy an A7750 and be prepared for servicing costs, these are not cheap either, be prepared to spend around 160-200$ + if you are in the EU. In fact I think it will be a lot more than that, and that is if you can find a watchmaker who has the skill to service a A7750.

It all depends on how badly you want the watch to pass as a gen. It will be very hard for someone to spot the ticking subdial hand, unless they are looking dead on at the dial. And as you already said, the AR is an issue that is easily fixable, just get it AR'ed by Chieftang.

i agree and thanks...

i'm assuming the quality of the watch components and assembly is the same as the others?!...this i'm not sure...

i also am waiting on a question i posed to them about this watch's dial...according to the Hublot official website, the silver subdials in only with a shiny black dial...and that when the dial is CF with the checkerboard finish, the dials are black and not silver...i actually prefer the dials to not be silver, but hey, it's less expensive...and a lot of higher pricing automatic movement HBB's have the silver subdials and CF dial?!...

anyway...i think this looks pretty good and the pricing is great...i do care that the look is right...dial, bezel, construction and less about working details...

if anyone knows anything about this quartz version, i'm all ears...

R

The quartz will have almost zero maintenance costs. All you have to do is swap out the battery every couple of years when the battery runs out. Buy an A7750 and be prepared for servicing costs, these are not cheap either, be prepared to spend around 160-200$ + if you are in the EU. In fact I think it will be a lot more than that, and that is if you can find a watchmaker who has the skill to service a A7750.

It all depends on how badly you want the watch to pass as a gen. It will be very hard for someone to spot the ticking subdial hand, unless they are looking dead on at the dial. And as you already said, the AR is an issue that is easily fixable, just get it AR'ed by Chieftang.

ive bought a hbb quartz from watcheden.

it looks and feels pretty good, definately looks more expensive than it was.

since i havent had a gen on my wrist i cant talk about the accuracy, but its

quartz anyway, so the seconds tick at 6, chrono is @9 and 24h subdial @3.

AR is very light or not there.

dial looks textured, not sure if its cf but looks good.

for $108 shipped i cant complain.

some pics:

pic1

pic2

pic3

Guest acg2010

Gonna have to agree, for 260 or so, you can get the A7750 with the Stainless bezel, or like 280 you can get the one with ceramic bezel...

the 100 is worth it, that thing is not at all accurate. I'd spend that 170 elsewhere or go with the more expensive 'lite'

For the first one I'd recommend this:

http://www.puretimewatch.com/index.php?productID=137

Plain simple all SS model. You can get it from Puretime for $248 - perfect to see if you like it or not.

You can see some pics of such model (but from the very first series with double AR) when you follow the link in my signature.

The price is not THAT much higher than the quartz you mentioned and the watch is almost spot on when compared to gen.

Concerned about A7750 maint in US versus quartz...is it worth it b/c it's more genuine looking - or - AR coating - or - what?!...I have to believe that the compnents and quality of the watch build and finish are similar - with the exception being double AR...am I missing something?!..

I would spend the extra dollars if I could locate a hbb lite v1 similar to the one PIX did the review on...I like the all black dial (without the silver outlined subdials) and would settle for a smooth edge bezel - although I really want the knurled..

If you and/or anyone know where I can find a lite version with all black dial and knurled bezel with AR, I would go for it...but all I see are the silver subdials on the lites now...I want the one PIX has, which he calls v1...

Thanks...R

Rhack - believe me - add $100 - the difference is night and day. Definately worth it!

I hav not contacted pix or dealers yet...been to most of the dealer sites and they seem to only show the silver subdial version...you're right that I should prob email them with a pix to see if they can source it...I'm a newbie, but have already spent countless hours reading, researching, learningn etc...fun!...

Ri

Guest acg2010

Puretimewatch has the one with the ceramic knurled bezel, with the black carbon fiber dial without silver rings, for like 280.

It's pretty much dead on to the gen, except for the lack of AR on his.