When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

i would just like to say

oscarmadfish

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i felt it was only right to pop some money in here as we could be here for awhile yet

i will still come here when our board reappears

Likewise - I was a regular visitor before RWG1 went down, and it's well worth supporting.

i wonder if they will ever let us out of the loony bin :bounce::bicycle::Jumpy:

Not if they have any sense..... :D

it's true greg's cheap :D

actually speaking of which, it would be nice to see more reviews of super cheap watches - there are so many - I'm sure there are some really good ones - my $108 sub from Josh is proof.

I noticed that most take lame pictures of their cheapo 21J's without showing any details - we should make some type of review thread (or section if we have contact with blade) showing all the best of the best sub $110 watches (I think there is a sub $150 thread in this forum) - I'm sure there is alot of junk out there as well.

a few nice ones that come to mind...

greg's B&R

my beginnermariner

Oscars VC

it's true greg's cheap :D

Thanks, mate.... glad to see I've not lost my reputation just yet.... ;)

actually speaking of which, it would be nice to see more reviews of super cheap watches - there are so many - I'm sure there are some really good ones - my $108 sub from Josh is proof.

I noticed that most take lame pictures of their cheapo 21J's without showing any details - we should make some type of review thread (or section if we have contact with blade) showing all the best of the best sub $110 watches (I think there is a sub $150 thread in this forum) - I'm sure there is alot of junk out there as well.

a few nice ones that come to mind...

greg's B&R

my beginnermariner

Oscars VC

Actually, I was planning to start a thread like that - 'Best of the cheapies' when we get back 'home'. Not sure that my B&R would qualify, though - it doesn't appear to be generally available at the moment and would probably be mid-price if it was (it's got a 28,800 movement - it's not one of the 21J versions).

There are so many good cheap reps around these days, though - the VC, quite a few Breguets, Rollies, APs, Tags - even some of the quartz stuff... I've yet to see a decent cheap PAM, though, which is kinda odd..

funny enough i just put it on 30 mins ago i am wearing it at work tonight

LOL - I was wearing mine yesterday evening. That and my PAM111 still get about 50% of total wrist time between 'em...

$42.

01-1.jpg

02-1.jpg

MGI, $42? dayymn - is that a 21J in that PAM?

oh btw greg... no quartz need apply - it is, by far, the largest tell for a rep (with the rare exception of some gen quartz like the colt or whatever but even a gen peoplel think is fake)

for me the real beauty of a watch is it's mechanical wonder and while quartz is mechanical, it is also electronic - and electronics take all the wonder away - may as well use a digital face while your at it ;) I'm not against electronics either - I'm a computer hardware nutzor but not for a watch.

the cheapest $10 mechanical movement > quartz

$108

BR02 PVD Black Round Lume Limited Ed - Asia 21J

MOVEMENT: Asian 2813 Automatic 21J Movement

CASE DIAMETER: 44mm

THICKNESS: 12.5mm

DIAL COLOR: Black Dial, Lume Stick/Numeral markers

CASE MATERIAL: PVD Coated Black on Solid Stainless Steel 316L

BRACELET: Black Rubber strap on Insignia Tang Buckle

FRONT GLASS: Synthetic Sapphire

BACK GLASS: Solid Case back with Detail Engraving

BEZEL: Unidirectional Inner Bezel ( Set via [censored] Crown at 2.00)

HACK MOVEMENT:

CLASP TYPE: Buckle with insignia

DATE INDICATOR: 4:30 (Set By Crown)

ebb4ebfac8a814cf9cdeb470fb096237.image.750x497.JPG

ffc06c2ab566ea854a8e805aeacf825d.image.750x497.JPG

a11db745603c7603f27d825fdc88b7bb.image.750x497.JPG

MGI, $42? dayymn - is that a 21J in that PAM?

the cheapest $10 mechanical movement > quartz

When we're talking chronos, I disagree vehemently. 21js are completely unsatisfactory for that kinda watch. 'faux' chronos that move with the day of the week are a big tell. They also suck big time.... lol - constantly running chrono hands drive me nuts. That Tag mentioned by Oscar elsewhere has running seconds on an inset wheel - the 'ticking' of a quartz movement will only be apparent if actually running the chronos. Of course, if you go for the 21 J version, you don't have that option :rolleyes:

Seriously - 21js are great for anything without a chrono, but if you want chronos on the cheap, quartz is the only movement that makes sense. That's not to say that I do not share your distaste for quartz - it's the reason why all but one of my cheapies are non-chrono watches running 21Js.

Oh - and yes, it's a 21J in the PAM. I've seen 'em as low as $30. All junk, though, sadly...

if you want a cheap working chrono only the A7750 will do

Ah - now you're talking - I agree, but 7750's ain't that cheap. We were talking about cheapie watches, in which you have a choice between 21J and quartz.... If you want the watch to work, you'll buy the latter.

what do you need to time anyhow? almost no one uses their chrono's

hmm - funnily enough, the only reason that I bought my AP quartz was simply that I DO occasionally find a chrono useful, but I didn't want to spend a lot of money on it. I don't wear it often, though...

That Tag we were arguing err.... talking about - the choice is between cheapie quartz or 21J at well under $100. Or spending $300 on the 7750. Not really the same ballpark.

but respect - to each his own - I'll keep ranting against quartz though - I'll get through sooner or later :p

Don't bet on it. It's the only sub $100 option for chronos, like it or not.

By the way - those $108 watches you posted above are all available for rather less if you hunt around....