When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ladies DateJust received this week.

ChipWrecked

Earlier this week, I procured a ladies DateJust for the wifey. Since she has tolerated my growing collection, I felt it was her turn to get a lil' bling.

I know better than to surprise her with one of my choosing, so I got her approval on a few models. Her criteria for selection was mostly size related. She has tiny wrists, and did not want a man's size, or larger ladies model. We looked at Tags, and we looked at FMs. We looked at Cartiers and Chanels, and a few others. She always seemed to come back to the Rollies tho. After reviewing the various choices she made her selection. I contacted one of the trusted dealers and the deed was done. Two weeks later here is what arrived.

The dial of the DateJust is white MOP. I struggled to capture in a photograph the subtle shadow changes that a MOP dial creates. It is really "shimmery". The "DateJust" font is incorrect, but realize this is a tiny watch, and its hard to tell.

faceinsunfl9.jpg

faceinsun2yp3.jpg

faceinsun1agh6.jpg

The datewheel font seems more in line with older models.

Here is a 2003 gen with the current version font for comparison:

ladies_datejust_10_650px.jpg

The size of this DateJust is about 24.5 mm - about the size of a quarter. The genuine is 26mm from what I can find online.

faceinsun5cy3.jpg

The crown size seems close but not perfectly in line with the cyclops. This deviation is VERY difficult to see when in hand.

Looking at the tube, I do not see any gaskets for watersealing. Without further diassembly or pressure testing, I cannot be sure how water tight the case is. I'm guessing its a leaky hull.

crowntubeus2.jpg

backsidebs0.jpg

backsidebareic7.jpg

The clasp and bracelet is the usual dainty jubilee rep version.

claspcloseup2rg0.jpg

claspcloseuphp3.jpg

faceinsun3gm7.jpg

Opening up the caseback, it reveals a ETA 2671 25J hi beat... (although I'm a little skeptical its a ETA, probably a clone)

movement2tv5.jpg

The movement spacer is (I believe) rough brass... Check out the crooked screws (they do the job just fine).

movement1kd2.jpg

For better water resistance, I have silicon lubed the tube and caseback gasket.

movement1etamc9.jpg

The wife is enjoying the bling today. She is hard at work doing the wash with our new replica washing machine:

washboard2zr3.jpg

washboard1alo8.jpg

In general this seems to be a nice beater. Obviously on macro, the dial font needs updating. The rehaut engraving was not even seen until I did the macro photos. Time will tell if it holds up to my wife's expectations, and physical abuse (of the watch, not me). The bling factor is not over-the-top, which is just what she wanted. I find it subtly classy and it complements her.

If your thinking about a ladies Datejust for your woman (or for your own scrawny 4 inch wrist) then this rep version is sure to please.

Sorry for the uberpics.