When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Omega Speedmaster Date would you get?

whitestripes

Hey guys,

I was after the Speedy Date before it was a rep, and I got a gen Speedy Pro before the Date was repped. I've been wearing the Pro for the last year, and I like it, but I miss the date sometimes. Now that there's a super rep of the Date, I'm torn between two color configurations, the all black, and the black with white subdials and red accents.

Click these for very high res pics that make me salivate! Honestly, best up close pics on the net. (replace xx with tt)

BLACK

hxxp://www.dotcom-life.com/joyful-watch/cart_goods/cart_img5/joycoll3210-50-0002.jpg

SPORTY RED

hxxp://lib4.store.yahoo.co.jp/lib/10k/3210-51-0002.jpg

These are beautiful up close shots. So I'm considering the black because, well, it is fairly incognito, like the Pro, and it will go well with everything without being flashy. Classic, handsome black, like my Pro.

But if I'm going two have two speedmasters, perhaps some variety? The colorful one offers a change of pace, like a racing style, with red subdial hands and red tipped chrono seconds hand. I would jump all over it if it were offered with the standard black dial and subdials... I kind of don't like how the white subdials stand out so much on the wrist (I don't like attracting attention to my wrist). The TAG carrera "racing" is a very nice color combination, and would be ideal. I would get that, but Omega really has beautiful case designs. The twisty lugs, the way the bezel comes out from the case, oh man, it's perfect, IMHO. I like the shape better then the IWC 3717 before I sold it.

Anyway, so I like the black because I know I will like it, but I'm afraid it won't be different enough (still love the date function, though).

I like the black/red accents because it's sporty and different, but it might stand out too much. I've also found that while color combos are appealing on the screen, in person they stick out like a sore thumb. I once had a modded Seiko SKX031 with a seconds hand that had a white AND red lume next to each other on the seconds hand tip. I thought I would love it from the pics, but in person it just kept screaming out at me until I sold it. I'm afraid this will happen to the 3210.51. But maybe it wont? But then again, $250-$300 is a bit too high to pay to test it out, and I don't want to sell at too much of a loss.

What would you guys do?