When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dupont Lighter

accordse

Hello, just signed up here. I did a search on Dupont and tried to find an answer to my question but I couldn't really find an answer.

I just bought a Dupont Lighter and having some problems refilling it. The lighter came with an adapter but when I fill it, the butane shoots back out. No matter what I do, it always does that. I was looking into getting the adapter and someone mentioned it briefly on here. My question is, what adapter should I get. I think someone mentioned the Yellow/Gold UG adapter.

EinfullAdapterUGpmit.jpg Would be that one.

Does it work well? On the ebay auction, it says it only works for REAL Dupont lighters, so I'm wondering if it works with reps as well.

Edited by accordse

Welcome aboard!

Here's the item number from the bay: 380071301115

Give him a call and let him know which lighter you have, and that it's a fake. He'll send you the proper brass adapter. Make sure you buy his refill fluid, it comes with rubber tube gaskets to prevent leakage. You may also want to visit a home depot or similar place to get a few tiny o-ring gaskets to fit over the thread part of the adapter where it meets the lighter, this will further prevent gas from spraying all over the place :)

IMG_1400.jpg

Welcome aboard!

Here's the item number from the bay: 380071301115

Give him a call and let him know which lighter you have, and that it's a fake. He'll send you the proper brass adapter. Make sure you buy his refill fluid, it comes with rubber tube gaskets to prevent leakage. You may also want to visit a home depot or similar place to get a few tiny o-ring gaskets to fit over the thread part of the adapter where it meets the lighter, this will further prevent gas from spraying all over the place :)

IMG_1400.jpg

I was going to fire up an Upmann #2 for the Monday Night Game... but I think I'll switch to the Espendido .. ahhh.. the pwer of suggestion.. B)

Just get a Purilite butane gas lighter refill bottle. It comes with adapters that will work with the dupont lighters....I have like 8 of them and they all work. The brass refill adapter will work too but u have to get the nozzle flush with the brass. Yes, gas shoots out but it still refills. Also, stick the lighter in the freezer for 20 min to cool it down. The dupont single charge gas bottles will work the with the lighters too but that's an expensive option.

GL.

Thanks for the replies. I ordered one through this one Ebay seller. Not the one JoJo mentioned, it was actually through another sellers. I purchased the Yellow/Gold UG adapter. The weird thing is when I used the plastic adapter the lighter came with, and tried to fill it with butane, it ended up shooting back out. Not just a little but the whole thing. I tried filling it and then releasing the leftover gas, turns out there was nothing left in there. I'll try the adapter I purchased and see if it works. I'm not too sure what "nozzle flush" means.

Edited by accordse