When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 203 Is On The Way

river

• 3 weeks later...
Radical project! I can not wait to see the results.

Just one comment about the movement, I do'nt see any (small) seconds on the original clock...

There are many variants of the Angelus 240 and one of them comes exactly as the version that Panerai uses. The plate over the bridge plates which has the three holes in the center is just for securing the movt cover.

here is a page from an Angelus catalogue which clearly shows the different versions.

97906-26950.jpg

Be aware that some of the desk clocks with the barometer (I just bought one) are not the same movt at all - this is a potential minefield!!!

To make a running seconds the second wheel is removed then simply drilled and fitted with a post for a second hand (obviously not as simple as it sounds but is not difficult for a watchsmith).

• 2 weeks later...
I looks like it is...

There's the balance visible through the window that looks the same and a gold trimmed jewel... It actually has 7days and 20 minutes of reserves - awesome...

Cool. Mine had 7 days 6 hours power reserve.

Bought for such a project but had to be sacrificed to yet another project - still I got a very good price for it ;)

Edited by docblackrock

This is useless. It is a back wind not a sidewind. Good luck converting it - it will take a ton of work. It is good for parts though.

Thanks for the 'advice' CJ, but my watchmaker was initially up for the work before he took ill again.

As for being 'useless' or only 'good for parts', actually it was better at generating almost a grand of your Canadian funny money :whistling::D

Edited by docblackrock