When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN PVD + alil Cape cod

82KUBA

The CC tones the PVD down a bit... A result of wearing off gradually methinks. It really adds a nice finish to the DSN PVD in general- Takes that chalky finish off and adds a bit of a shine. Not sure what would happen if all of the PVD coating were to be polished off, though. That might be interesting...

I've got a theory that the Cape Cod isn't actually removing any of the PVD. When you think about it, unless the cloth is impregnated with diamond powder, it's probably not abrasive enough to touch the coating (which is several times harder than stainless steel).

I think, rather, that it is oiling the surface, to give is a slightly darker and shinier appearance.

I polished 2 of my DSN watches (a 202A and 203A) and the result is very nice.

The PVD coating is polished off.....yes you can get a PVD watch back to its original ss color (I have done it before)!

The "older" DSN PVD coating is a bit better to get it to real vintage look, because the color was more dark black and the end result is a very dark but shiny grey....the new DSN PVD is grey from the start and will only get lighter.

In edition I polished the case with a dremel and polishing wax.....that gives it an even better shine.

Anyway, you cannot picture the results.....every pic I took looked different due to angle, light and distance!

AND PLEASE NOTE: You can easely go tooo far with cape cod and have the PVD come off where you want it to stay :D

Theo