When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG1: AP Jules Audemars Skeleton

greg_r

Okay - for a change, I'm going to talk about watches. :lol:

Once again, Tony's been amazingly quick sending this watch. It arrived in just 1 week - and that's by airmail! That's about as fast as Josh manages to the UK via EMS! Second time he's done it too.

Anyhow, I bought this through his CQout store for about

ya just had to stun us with another $55 watch didn't ya :)

looks a bit small (for me anyhow) but anything that looks like a watch and actually works at that price is a good thing - you'll see cheaper straps with a deployment for that price - the watch was a bonus

let us know how it keep time and power reserve

ya just had to stun us with another $55 watch didn't ya :)

looks a bit small (for me anyhow) but anything that looks like a watch and actually works at that price is a good thing - you'll see cheaper straps with a deployment for that price - the watch was a bonus

LOL - yeah, I just can't resist 'em. It's not just that I'm cheap (although, of course, I am :lol:), but I'm truly astonished at how good a watch can be at these kinda prices. Photos don't do it justice.

Although it is 40mm, it wears smaller - feels smaller than my VC, certainly. I've been wearing it since it arrived and so far it is completely accurate (or at least, as accurate as a watch with no second hand can be). We'll see about power reserve, but my $55 rollie manages about 30 hours...

set the time with your computer (to the second) and see what's up tomorrow

That's how I invariably set my watches. Still gonna be kinda hard to tell with this thing, but we'll see.

Okay, it's finally run down. Having checked the time-keeping, it's certainly within seconds per day. Without an actual second-hand, however, I can't be any more definitive than that. Power reserve is about 32 hours.

Okay, it's finally run down. Having checked the time-keeping, it's certainly within seconds per day. Without an actual second-hand, however, I can't be any more definitive than that. Power reserve is about 32 hours.

hey not bad greg

how does the shock absorbing mechanism work on it? just try an under hand toss down a stair well to start :p

hey not bad greg

how does the shock absorbing mechanism work on it? just try an under hand toss down a stair well to start :p

I'm a little too good at finding out how the shock absorbing mechanism works without actively trying to break it, thank you. Why do you think I buy reps? lol

cause your cheap? :p

Well that's true :D

However, given that I've managed to destroy one watch (my first VC) and scratch the hell out of two others this year (neither of them anything decent, fortunately), my doctor tells me that it's better for my blood pressure if I don't buy gens ;)