When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 217 (with Swan-neck) Time Accuracy

ab2450

Dear friends,

I am afraid I need some suggestions here:

I have just bought a PAM 217 (the Destro) from Precious Time. In order to have an accurate movement I decided to go for the latest manual movement with functional swan neck regulator (well above $300). However ..... it looses about 6min a day!! This is my first Panerai rep that I purchased and I am very, very surprised (to say the least).

Is it normal???

Suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

Andrea

at over 6 mins, I think that the swan neck regulator must be not functional, and it is just for show. I really don't think any of the regulators work, I think they are all non-functional, to be honest. but once you get it serviced, it will be working very well. be sure to tell PT about it, and he may be able to reimburse you with the service costs.

Run it for a week to let it settle down... then try again. Six minute inaccuracy is very unusual. This movement is capable of much better than that. All of mine are within a few seconds a day.

The swan-neck does not ensure accurate time keping. The working version merely makes minute ajustments easy and ensures that the regulator arm cannot move.

Flim-flam, really. There are many great movements that manage without this extra hardware. But it does look pretty.

I just finished checking my new 217 from Joshua. It has a power reserve of 49.5 hours and, I kid you not, was within one second in that time. Really it was so close that it may have been dead on. Amazing.

My 111h with the same movement, however, loses 1-2 minutes a day.

I hope you get yours sorted out.