When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watches in movies

andreww

Nursing a little bit of a hangover today, I spent the day on the couch watching TV. To be more specific, me and my Chrono Avenger spent the afternoon watching Leo Decaprio and his CA in Blood Diamond. As I have a HD PVR I was freeze framing at any decent view of his Breitling. In one scene in particular it was very clear that Leo had unscrewed the crown and it appeared to be pulled it out to the setting position. I wonder if he had frozen the time so the watch would not spoil the continuity of the relatively short scene. I could see this being quite a pain in the ass as a 30 second scene can take hours to film. The Chrono Avenger is fine in the hack position, because it would be very hard to spot the non moving subdial hand, but using a non chrono watch, it would have to be running and would have to be reset with every take.

BTW, the scene I was referring to appeared to be in the afternoon, the watch showed 8:00 ;)