When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT-Master II C CHS: GMT hand runs too fast

AllergyDoc

I had everything synced up, again, yesterday. Now I look at my watch and it's 9:10. The GMT hand is pointing at about 2300. :angry:

Every time I get everything lined up right the GMT hand races ahead until it's 2 hours ahead. Then it stays there.

Who knows what's going on?

It sounds like more of the same old chs GMT malfunctions that roughly 50% of owners have been reporting. Since even Ziggy refuses to work on them, the only thing I know of to do is what you have probably already done - pull the stem out to the time-setting position & slowly run the hands through a full 24 hour cycle. Check it again. If the GMT hand is still off, pull the stem out to the 1st position & slowly run the GMT hand through a 24 hour cycle & check again. Most of the time, this procedure seems to reset the GMT hand.........at least for awhile.

The GMT hand doesn't run in the 1st position. It only tracks the hour hand. The hour hand moves in the 1st position by jumping hour-to-hour. I'm sure that's what you meant as you have the same watch.

Meanwhile, I reset it and this time everything lined up exactly. We'll see.

Other than the GMT hand the watch is very accurate. I may just learn to ignore the errant GMT hand. :)