When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Montbrilliant Datora

joint05

I just ordered one. I have a Gen with Havana dial. I ordered a rep with the white dial. I'll let you know when I get it. The pics from the site where the best I have seen from all the sites. Although, I did see that the sub-dials had circular grooves. I don't think the white gen does. I'm pretty sure that this one has the Swiss 7750.

BEWARE---reliability is a factor.

Though the Datora is a great rep with some relatively minor flaws, issues to watch for is the date pointer not centered on the printed number or day/month disks might come loose and not turn properly. Lastly, the GMT @ 9:00 might be a little slow.

Again, I stress the word MIGHT. YMMV.

There is few pics: http://www.todocoleccion.net/english/repli...-eta~eng9122317 I compared it to gen and there is few flaws. date pusher is smaller, sliderule markers are too short etc. I've wear my datora daily couple a months and it runs perfect nothing to complain. chronos work as they should. Use chrono when You really need to use it don't play with it.

Edited by Raivotauti

It is yes. Also take note of Anton's remarks above. Reliability might be a problem, there was a big discussion about this when it first came out, a search should turn something up.

I did a search the other day and there is a review but it points to the old forum and it wouldn't let me see anything there. Thanks!

joint05: I got the confirmation that it shipped. I'll let you know the details when I get it. I'll post a few pics.

Hi guys, I am also interested in the Datora, but I have been reading about its problems here and in RepGeek Forum.

The Omega Speedmaster Day-Date has the same functions as the Datora, but I found just good reviews about the Omega and its movt.

Does the Datora and the Omega use the same movt ? If yes, why the Datora has so many problems reported ?

This is my first post, so If it is dumb, sorry. :rolleyes:

Hello, friend, and welcome to RWG.

To answer your question, the Datora was produced before the Omega was and used an older (21.6K Vph) movement whereas the Omega uses the 28,800 Vph movement. That has been proven to be more reliable.

Anton

Point taken.. Thanks.

Good to know this, I have the Omega in transit, the Datora will have to wait.

Hello, friend, and welcome to RWG.

To answer your question, the Datora was produced before the Omega was and used an older (21.6K Vph) movement whereas the Omega uses the 28,800 Vph movement. That has been proven to be more reliable.

No, you are wrong, the Speedmaster day-date uses EXACTLY the same, old 21,6K A7750 movt. The new 28,8K can not be modified to work like a 7751.

Hope this helps.

Greetz.

Here is the pics of mine monty.

Yeah! I see now as well. I compared your pics to my gen and the sliderule markers don't go all the way down to the edge. Most peeps wouldn't notice. I didn't notice when I looked at the pics on the net. It's only after you mentioned it. Still a sharp looking watch! I don't want to wear my gen on a daily basis so this rep will do fine. I have to maintain my image! 8) I just can't get anymore gens right now in this economy! Its a sickness.... I needs more watches! Hopefully this will hold me over until I can start spending $$$ again. :D

I just ordered an Omega Day-Date, I did form Ruby. In her site the description for the Datora says Asia 7750 Valjoux and for the Omega Asia 7751 Valjoux.

Ruby is a trusted dealer, so I think her description are accurate. I don't want to start an argue, but based on this it looks like Anton is right about the movt.

Due mostly of the problem with the Datora are QC, maybe it is a good solution to order it from a trusted dealer. I know it doesn't represent a warranty, it is a good start, because the Datora is a really good looking watch.