When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A7750 & Gen hands

Jimster

Depending on the watch...it may or may not be a problem. I answered a similar question in another post. Some of the hands fit...some don't. If you look at pieces like the SMP300 Chrono, the subdials and centre seconds don't fit. Both watches (gen and rep) are based on a 7750 movement...but the A7750 has slightly different hand sizing as outlined below. The Zigmeister has also detailed how to do the install using glue.

hand sizes for ETA to Swiss

From The Zigmeister:

Genuine ETA 7750 all variants (all)

Hour 2.00mm

Minute 1.20mm

Center Seconds 0.25mm

Subdials 0.17mm

New Asian 7750 (28,800 BPH) Normal ones - NOT the Daytona model (don't have one to measure)

Hour 2.00mm

Minute 1.20mm

Center Seconds 0.20mm

Subdial 0.20mm

The Zigmeister's Explanation of Gluing Hands

UPDATE - After doing a lot of checking on the "NEW" gen hands on the current models (2225.80, 2925.80) and the black dial with a model number of 213.30.42.40.01.001 right from the Omega website I find that the new hands are 14mm vs. 12.5mm for the older style.

I knew the rep hands looked really short on the black dial. Now I'll see if I can just order the hour and minute hand as the rest of the hands are good.

Jim