When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Source of A7750 with secs @ 3?

yodap

Hi all!

I've bought myself a "new" Breitling for Bentley 6.75 from my friend (I sold mine for the double the price of this one) and I wanna mod the watch (double AR, lume, gen strap etc.) but I'm afraid that the movement will die within some years, and if even service won't help, can I locate A7750 secs at 3 + Big Date somewhere? I would like this watch to be a keeper, but I'm afraid about the movement. This one has problems already (I'll describe it later). So, what do you think guys? Or if I buy standard A7750s for parts, is that OK? (but what if the date gets screwed up?....) Please write your opinions!

And the current problem:

If I don't place the watch exactly horizontally on my desk for night (face up), it will stop around 3:00 AM - 4:00-AM somewhere, but it's interesting, that the SMALL seconds hand (I don't leave the chrono running) stops ALWAYS EXACTLY AT 60! And in the morning, I just have to start the chronograph (I don't move the watch itself, just push the pusher), and the watch will run till the evening without wearing it... So it's not a power reserve problem... I really should take it to service! Did you see such a problem ever?

Thanks, waiting for your answers!

Greets.

It sounds like a servicing issue. It could be that one of the gear teeth has worn down and that's why it stops at the same spot all the time. The Zigmeister says servicing >9 months from time of purchase will result in premature wear of parts and make part replacement necessary where a standard breakdown, cleaning and oiling was all that was needed.

You have a couple options. If you can find a watchsmith to do a servicing...that will likely solve things.

Otherwise...you can contact the vendor of your choice and ask for a replacement movement for your watch. AJS was selling standard 7750's for $120...which means collectors will likely charge $200 with the secs @ 3 complication. A movement swap will likely be between $50 - 100.

Thanks for your reply, I'll service the watch for sure, but also I understood it correct, that the dealers can source a new movement as well? Then everything is alright!

Thanks a lot!

Greets.

They should be able to. Just send various ones you deal with an email and ask...with the specific watch in question.