When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

going to paris next week - any good watch stores?

fotoman

sorry to others that i said i was going to london and boston - that whole job turned out to be a nightmare and a half and i didn't have time to get with anyone and it doesn't look like i'm going to soon - although i am going to see stonehenge when i'm in london for a day to catch a cruise next week or so.

so, are there any cool shops in paris for watches - especially some where there is stuff you don't normally see like tourbillons or stuff like that.

i have never been to paris, know nothing of it, so if you can give me a street or something as well as a name.

if anyone wants to meet up for a drink, i will be there several days, but the wife is planning the itinerary, so, i have to work it out with her. - my big plans are the louve and the eiffle tower

If you only have a few days, take the Batobus up and down the Seine (http://www.batobus.com/english/index.htm). Many of the sites are located either on or near the Seine river and this is a hop-on hop-off boat that circles a route through the heart of Paris. Great way to see the city. Watch stores everywhere.

Usil

Vlaletom is right on. There is a ton of watch shops to see right in that area and you can't miss Wempe. If you cross over to the other side the wife might like the large Hermes boutique.

If you want a cheap tour just jump on the #69 bus (no, not a joke). It goes to most of the major sites and at a fraction of the cost of the tour bus companies.