When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newbie Question - my link doesn't work...or does it?

kornblomst

Hi All

I just received my TH link Chronograph today from PT. Ordering and delivery was all thumbs up!

The watch's look and feel seems very much like the gen (I think...I have only seen it through the shops)

So my questions now are:

I thought the replicas were supposed to work like the gens...but (and it could be because I don't know how to operate it :))!?

- I cannot adjust the time. Aren't you supposed to twist the crown in order to adjust time?

- The subdial at 9 o'clock runs constantly...can I stop it?

- the two buttons over and under the crown don't do anything when I push them in...aren't they supposed to do anything?

- Should'nt the other subdials at 12 and 6 work?

- the hand, indicating seconds (don't know what it is called) isn't moving...shouldn't it do that?

I am still assuming that it is supposed to work fine as PT confirmed to have QC'ed, so it is probably?

Any help is appreciated.

warm regards

Kornblomst

OK......First you need to unscrew the crown, this will put it in the hand winding position, pull the crown gently again to the first stop and it will be in the date adjustment position, pull it again to the second stop and you're at the time setting position.

You cannot stop the sub dial at 9, that is the running seconds hand and it runs continuously when the watch is running, the other two sub dials at 6 and 12 are chronograph registers and only work when the stopwatch (large centre second hand) is running, the dial at 12 is the 30 minute register and the one at 6 is the 12 hour register.

To operate the stopwatch you need to press the top button (2 0'clock) and to stop it you press this button again, the buttons are usually fairly stiff to operate and need a firm press to work. To return the large second hand to the 12 o'clock position you stop the chrono by pressing the top button and then press the bottom (4 o

Edited by azerbyjam

OK......First you need to unscrew the crown, this will put it in the hand winding position, pull the crown gently again to the first stop and it will be in the date adjustment position, pull it again to the second stop and you're at the time setting position.

You cannot stop the sub dial at 9, that is the running seconds hand and it runs continuously when the watch is running, the other two sub dials at 6 and 12 are chronograph registers and only work when the stopwatch (large centre second hand) is running, the dial at 12 is the 30 minute register and the one at 6 is the 12 hour register.

To operate the stopwatch you need to press the top button (2 0'clock) and to stop it you press this button again, the buttons are usually fairly stiff to operate and need a firm press to work. To return the large second hand to the 12 o'clock position you stop the chrono by pressing the top button and then press the bottom (4 o

Hi again

Woow, that worked.

Unfortunately I figured out how to change the date before I saw your post, so hope that I haven't screwed up anything :S

Thank you very much...

Man, I look forward to buying my next watch.

If I may add a question: Say I wanted to AR the watch, what do you guys do? Do you send the whole watch to one of the AR-guys here at the forum or do you disassemble the watch by yourselves and send the crystal?

Have a nice weekend you guys, and thank you all for helping me in buying my first rep.

/K

As far as AR is concerned the Tag Link really benefits from it but your options to get it done have narrowed somewhat recently, you may wish to familiarise yourself with this thread:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=80585&hl=

The only other option is chieftang, check out his section for details.

As far as AR is concerned the Tag Link really benefits from it but your options to get it done have narrowed somewhat recently, you may wish to familiarise yourself with this thread:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=80585&hl=

The only other option is chieftang, check out his section for details.

That was sure a long thread, but it seems that Chieftang is the only option left, and he seems very busy at moment and in the future. I need to check with local customs about sending my watch abroad.

Thanks again for your help