When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SOH Date set problem

wazza3000

Hi all,

Hope I posting in the right place !

Was hoping someone can help with my date set.

I have a soh with asian eta. Whenever I set the time I then push the crown in once and set the date, problem is I then try to push the crown in again and I hear a click, but when i try to screw crown down the date moves again before it is fully screwed in.

Any ideas ??

TIA

Hi all,

Take it no one can help .. :(

I have ,mailed Chris @ eurotimez to see if he will repair or replace as the problem is so bad now I cannot set the date correctly at all.

I only received the watch a couple of weeks back so I fingers crossed something wil be sorted.

Edited by wazza3000

My first guess is that the stem is too short, so instead of the keyless works switching from the date setting second position to the winding one (first position) when you press the crown in, it stays in the dateset position, and when you screw it down, it switches the date over.

My second guess is that the spring in the crown is too weak and not allowing the keyless works to switch over to the winding position.

The simple solution is to set the date to one day early, then screw the crown down and it will switch over to today's date, and then wear the watch, since it's an automatic, you would only have to reset the date once every couple of months...

RG

My first guess is that the stem is too short, so instead of the keyless works switching from the date setting second position to the winding one (first position) when you press the crown in, it stays in the dateset position, and when you screw it down, it switches the date over.

My second guess is that the spring in the crown is too weak and not allowing the keyless works to switch over to the winding position.

The simple solution is to set the date to one day early, then screw the crown down and it will switch over to today's date, and then wear the watch, since it's an automatic, you would only have to reset the date once every couple of months...

RG

Many thanks for the info The Zigmeister, problem is the date will skip forward a few days and a different amount each time..

It worked fine the first couple of times I tried to set it, but when I try to adjust the time now I keep getting this problem.

I have tried a couple of watchsmiths but they say they are unable to take a look as it is a rep :(

One of them did suggest it was a problem with the return spring if that makes sense.

Bit stuck now really, and a little dissapointed as it the first rep I have bought and I went for the expensive model thinking it would be the best...

I understand how it can be disappointing, especially for your first rep. If it worked fine the first few times, my guess would be a weak spring in the crown, you could always try and turn it backwards and press on it to see if it will engage to the winding position. You will know when it's in the winding position when you can hear and feel the ratcheting of the crown gear.

Genuine's have these and more issues as well, so it's not limited to reps, but as with anything you buy, sometimes you get a few problems along the way...

RG

I have the same exact problem with mine....and been doing the The Zigmeisterfied fix! Seems to be working. Be patient! If it gets any worse, send it back!

The Zigmeister HikeUSA thanks for the tip guys this seems to do the trick..The Zigmeister just wondering if this will cause any damage

Feeling better now though. :)

On a side note the watch repair shop I went into happened to see a lot of gen Breitling and often sent them off for repair and service..

The lady had a look at my watch and within about 5 secs said are you aware this is not real I just replied yes of course and she was fine.

I asked what made it so easy to identify it was fake and she said it was when she looked at the the back..which surprised me.

She went on to say she dealt with tons of gens and this was an excellent copy weight was spot on and that it was a really nice watch in it's own right.

She then tried to sell me a box to turn the watch at night..I pointed out the box cost more than the watch lol. :D

Edited by wazza3000