When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noobie with b-day $ burning a hole in my pocket ?

:1a: Who hoo. Wife says I can get a new watch for my b-day. I've only had cheapo gens (think casio). Where should I begin???

Went to local AD, loved the Omega Aqua Terra (white/w blue), but also like those Planet Oceans, Two tone blue face Submariners. Any suggestions for a good start?

Are you looking at a gen or a rep? There are lots of good Omega reps. The SMP Chrono is one of my faves...but lots of folks here are all over the full sized PO (aka UPO). Check out the Omega guide in the Omega section.

The Omega Speedy Dates are very accurate reps at a good price...the Moon Watch and the 50th Anniversary are a couple of my faves albeit not the most accurate because of the subdial spacing issue.

You have just begun a journey of research. There are good subs out there...as well as a number of other good Rollies.

Grab a drink...do lots of reading...learn...read some more...odds are good the questions you have have been asked a million times and using the Search feature will net you more info than a over-asked question post...and you'll uncover lots of gem posts that you may have missed otherwise.

Have fun...and if you find the info here useful...consider upgrading your membership to a paid subscription to ensure the life of the board.