When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New SMP Chrono Case Number

Jimster

I want to replace the rep hands on the new black dial SMP Chrono with gen hands.

I have the model number but can't get the case number.

Does anyone have the case number for this watch:

http://www.omegawatches.com/index.php?id=2...&no_cache=1

I think that it is a 14mm minute hand but would like to be sure before I place my order since my materials house has to order from Omega and their rep doesn't have the case number.

Thanks,

Jim

That's the old case number. In fact, Frei has that case in stock. If you order hands using that number you will get the old shorter hands.

I'm still looking for a new case number. Here are the model numbers with the longer minute and hour hand:

2225.80, 2925.80(rubber strap), 213.30.42.40.01.001 (Black dial).

Yes, that is the longest Omega model number I've ever seen for a watch.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Monsieur T,

Thanks for asking. What I finally have done is order a Black dial SMP Chrono from Chris. When I get it I'll measure the hands and then check the length of the hands that Omega is supplying for the new model number.

Usually, and I mean not always, when Omega changes something in a model like hands they supply the "new" product for all models that they will fit; even the older models. A classic example is that the early case Seamasters came with the "lollipop" sweep hand as original but in 1961 they replaced it with the arrow sweep. It then became the correct hand.

My rep thinks this is what will happen with these hands but is afraid that they might still have some shorter hands in stock and will supply them even on the new part number.

So, the only way for me to be sure is to measure the hands.

Stay tuned as I'm probably a month from getting the watch.

Best,

Jim