When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

a7750 secs @ 9 daytona

db1

Hey,

just wondering how many on rwc has the daytona pre-2000 secs @ 9 rep with the a7750 movement (the one with the "wrong subdial spacing")

how is this watch? (overall, accuracy other then the case and subdial spacing, movement, reliability, etc.. )

i tried to look on the board and couldnt find many topics on this specific rep.

10x ;)

I have 2 of these.

This has a silver dial. It looks white in the pics:

Daytona%203.jpg

Daytona%201.jpg

It cost me $209. I have a seconds-at-six from Josh. This one is not quite the same quality as the one from Josh, but very close. The bracelet doesn't feel quite as nice as Josh's.

I got this one from Silix:

Daytona1.jpg

Daytonawrist.jpg

The gold on the original bracelet started to flake off after 2 months. :( The replacement they sent is much higher quality.

This watch looks and feels like one of the best made replicas I've ever owned, the GMT-II C included. I don't wear it as often as I used to because I've shied away from gold lately.

Guys who go for accuracy over reliability won't have these watches because of the subdial spacing. So far my seconds at 6:00 will run all day, stopping only once, but unless I get it serviced I think it will probably conk out some day. These models should be more reliable and I don't care much about the subdial spacing. No one I rub elbows with knows what a real Daytona looks like. I think they're great watches.

Here's my watch from Josh, for comparison:

Tona4.jpg

Edited by AllergyDoc

thanks for all the info and photos! i appreciate it very much :)

i have ordered a SS black faced secs @ 9 daytona from silix, on a black leather strap.. so i wanted to know what to expect..

i know people are satisfied with the secs at 9 model cause its more reliable, and the subdial spacing is not a big issue for me so its cool..

how smooth silix's daytona works for you? other then the gold flaking out.

thanks alot!

db1

Very, very nice. Very smooth. No problems with the movement at all.

However, after I got the gold one and liked it so much, I ordered the white dial version. It came like this:

BadDaytona.jpg

- A running-hours dial at 9:00. (I understand some people order them like this so that the dial looks more correct. But what's correct about an hours dial that runs continuously?)

- A big dent in a crown guard. (Close up pic deleted from Image Cave account.)

Faded31.jpg

- Bad printing on the 3.

I traded it in for this:

SilixTona011.jpg

A beautiful watch, no doubt, but not the one I ordered. I ordered the one with the manual wind movement and a fixed needle at 6:00.

That was the last watch I ordered from Silix. Hopefully you'll have better luck.

P.S. I got a Super Sea Dweller from him that was mostly superb. Once I replaced the divers' extension with a gen part it was superb.

Edited by AllergyDoc

thanks for the tips!

yeah i hope the watch i'll receive will not have 0-12 @ 9 cause it will not be acceptable, i dont want to get into the hassle of shipping back for a replacment or full refund.

on silix's photos it shows the dial correctly with 0-60 @ 9 so i believe he knows what he's doing.

db1