When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

gen tube & crown for daytona secs @ 9 fitting?

db1

hi,

i was thinking about starting collecting some gen parts, so maybe in the future i'll start a little franken daytona project.

i dont think i'll go the whole 9-yards with a full-blown el-primero franken,

but more like small mods such as - gen crown, tube, maybe bracelet etc..

especialy the crowns ! that as much as i see on most reps , are incorrect size in compare to gen.

what i wanna ask,

does a gen daytona 16520 tube & crown will fit a standard daytona secs @ 9 rep ?

(if its possible- what mods should be done in order to fit the gen tube into the rep case and etc..)

any advice on this will be much appreciated!

thanks

:)

P.S: also other possible considerations for modding a standard secs @ 9 'tona are welcomed! anything that dont require replacing the whole case! lol

Fitting the crown and tube on this case is no different than on any other model.

Your going to need the correct drills, the correct tap, and the tube insertion tool.

It may fit without any modifications to the case, but you will probably find the hole too small. So you will need to drill it for a M3 X 3.5mm tap, and then tap the hole (with the M3 X 3.5mm tap). Once it's drilled and tapped for the tube, you will also need to drill a larger hole on the outer edge so that the tube will sit flush with the case. Hard to explain in words, but once you insert the tube into the case you will know exactly what I mean, the tube doesn't sit flush, the tube has a larger tapered section that keeps it from sitting flush. You need to drill a chamfered hole to allow this section to sit inside the case.

RG