When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Superluminova & Mods on Euromariner

omegaguy

Hey guys,

I joined the forums a few months ago, but never posted anything. I just ordered a Euromariner V2 after all this time and realized something right after I did----The dial does not have superluminova like the new WM9 dial.

Chris from eurotimez has been a great guy so far and said i would be able to source someone on the forums to get superluminova installed. just had a few questions:

1- Who installs superluminova on these forums? This is something I would definetly not be able to do myself.

2- To my understanding, gen hands won't fit the ETA movememnt, so I will have to source GEN Tudor hands. Anyone know where I can find them?

3- I plan on switching out the bezel to gen and the crown to gen, and shaving the crown guards as well. Where would I be able to find these parts?

4- Am I missing anything?

Thanks any help would be appreciated.

You have a nice list of goals.....The search function will reveal answers to 99% of your questions, or at the very least point you in the right direction.

Welcome to RWG!

p.s If you find the info you need (you will) please make a small donation and become a supporting member of these boards, Thank you

Why gen hands? Whats wrong with the rep ones? Just get them lumed. I dont get why some people are so insistent on the hands.

I recommend Kent at www.everestwatchworks.com he does a BEAUTIFUL job reluming. I am getting my first sub back soon from him and will have pictures.

Gen crowns will be easy to find via ebay. Gen bezel will be tough, again the bay is your best bet.

As far as crown guards, a precise dremel tool would be best. That way you dont mess up the tube. If you screw up the tube, the euromariner does accept a gen tube without needing to be tapped, it DOES need to have a slight countersink however (again i used a dremel and did it by hand).

Remember, no matter how many mods your watch will never be "gen" but with the above mods it will look DAMN close.

Best of luck and welcome to the best replica site on the web!!!!

-Shawn

get The Zigmeister, or vaccum, or everestwatchworks to superlume your dial and hands.

just use the hands on the euromariner. you don't need new ones. Gen tudor hands are only nice-to-have.

I recommend just using flat needle file to trim the CGs. It's slower but less risky than dremel. Before starting, heat the tube and case to break/soften the glue on the tube so you can remove the tube completely when filing. Very simple and no risk of busting or ruining the tube thread.

-bk

can anyone tell me who does superluminova in the EU?

get The Zigmeister, or vaccum, or everestwatchworks to superlume your dial and hands.

just use the hands on the euromariner. you don't need new ones. Gen tudor hands are only nice-to-have.

I recommend just using flat needle file to trim the CGs. It's slower but less risky than dremel. Before starting, heat the tube and case to break/soften the glue on the tube so you can remove the tube completely when filing. Very simple and no risk of busting or ruining the tube thread.

-bk

Wow ... what a list for a newbie! The entry level of this forum is going higher & higher... :) Welcome here my friend! Try the search button but i totally agree with member blue_sphere . You dont have to bother with gen hands as the existing ones are great. I would recommend using a sandpaper for the crown guards... It is safer and at least it worked for me... (My topic is coming soon . . ) modding

thanks guys for your help. the only reason i suggested gen hands is cause I didn't know if they were lume-able or not. i'm gonna checkout your recomendations for luming.

CGs are something i'm definetly gonna do. i have a old cheap rep and already practised sanding on it. Gen crown i ordered last night off ebay.

all that's left is the bezel